The introductions thread

Hi my name is Suzanara, I am from Peterborough in the UK and I am 54. I’ve been vegan for 8 years and was vegetarian before that. I live with my partner who is a meat eater bur we cook our own food and have our own fridges. He is very supportive and makes me treats occasionally the last one being an amazing millionaires shortbread with condensed milk from Waitrose. He constantly sticks up for me in restaurants and gets upset if I don’t have much choice. My son is a meat eater too but is an adult and makes his own food. He likes to treat me with sweets and vegan chocolates. This Christmas I had a box of twilight bars from him, if you haven’t tried them they are like Mars bars only better. I am on steroids (and other meds) for my severe rheumatoid arthritis so have put on weight over the years....or maybe it’s all the treats.
I have lots of hobbies, my current obsession is needlefelting which I do with acrylic felt. I like to make flowers and brooches and have just started experimenting with 2d pictures in felt. I also like painting and repurposing my partners sardine tins into mini shrines. I would love to talk to other creative people especially needle felters as it’s quite a lonely niche. My other interests include digital art, I am learning how to use Procreate and affinity designer(like Adobe illustrator) but am very much the amatour at the moment.
I am not getting out much with COVID as all the immune suppressants I am on make me cev, my only exercise is a walk a day with my son and his cockapoo who is a lovely slightly mad dog. I am learning to use Zoom to keep up with friends and do online classes. Nice to find this forum which I found by googling. Look forward to getting to know some new people. Below are some of my flowers

View attachment 23759
Hello Suzanara. 🙂

Hi, welcome to Vegan Forum. My wife (who I refer to as M on the forum) is a big needlefelter herself. The last thing she made was a beautiful doll reading a book which we sent to my mum as a Christmas present. Everybody in her home loved it. These flowers are beautiful. I love the way you have faded the colours together in the top one.

This photo is a bit blurry but you can get the idea.

View attachment 23760

Hello Suzanara. 🙂
I'm not very creative, apart from the occasional writing, but I do appreciate the creativity of others. Sorry about your RA, my mother suffered from it for most of her life so I know what it's like. My birth seemed to trigger her RA. Great that your husband is so supportive of your veganism, I like that! 🙂

Welcome Susanara! Very pretty flowers!

I'm not very creative, apart from the occasional writing, but I do appreciate the creativity of others. Sorry about your RA, my mother suffered from it for most of her life so I know what it's like. My birth seemed to trigger her RA. Great that your husband is so supportive of your veganism, I like that! 🙂
Hi Ahimsa I think writing is very creative. I have had RA 30 years so kinda used to it, funny that was after having my 3rd son. means I am very slow making things but still get there. Sorry for your Mum hope she’s not in too much pain. He is great, make me stir fries and will try vegan food occasionally but don’t think I will ever convert him.

Reactions: Ahimsa
What sort of dog do you have ? We have a cockapoo she is my sons dog but they live with us. Wales is beautiful lucky you.
He's a medium size 14 year old, three legged mongrel. I'd post a photo but I've yet to figure out how that's done on here. I used to be a therapist but now I just board dogs, so he has lots of company, including cockerpoos. Having said that, I'm not doing much now as hardly anyone is going anywhere!

Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
Hi Ahimsa I think writing is very creative. I have had RA 30 years so kinda used to it, funny that was after having my 3rd son. means I am very slow making things but still get there. Sorry for your Mum hope she’s not in too much pain. He is great, make me stir fries and will try vegan food occasionally but don’t think I will ever convert him.
My mother died about forty years ago of a heart attack, she was only 53 at the time. Fortunately, we know so much more about these problems now, and of course, do so much more about them! 🤔

My mother died about forty years ago of a heart attack, she was only 53 at the time. Fortunately, we know so much more about these problems now, and of course, do so much more about them! 🤔
Oh sorry to hear that, that’s way too young bless her.

Hi that’s awesome she’s very talented. Do you know what fibre she uses?
Mostly wool and sometimes acrylic. Do you know of any animal-free replacements and are they as good to work with? Are some brands better than others?

Last edited: