The introductions thread

Hi,
I've been vegan nearly 7 years. I had post traumatic arthritis (caused by fracturing my ankles) many years ago. I could hardly hobble around the house and my lady friend was doing my shopping. I found out about 'the Paddison Program for RA' PDF download for sale online. It is basically a whole foods plant-based diet and it basically changed my life. I go shopping with Patricia once a week. I eventually lost 4 stone as I was obese. I stopped taking blood pressure and cholesterol medication and the Doctor said I was fine. I had a schizophrenic/psychedelic breakdown in 1975 aged 20 and nearly 7 years ago I started doing mega-vitamin therapy as advised the late Professor Abram Hoffer and its starting to work but very slowly. Anti-psychotic (neuroleptic) drugs have never been of any use but psychiatrists are so strict they would probably put you on a section if you didn't comply. I've been into religion (the Baha'i Faith) for many years but strangely I've got more and more interested in evolution, genetics and epigenetics over the past few years. I like Astronomy and Cosmology as well, not to mention UFOs.

Hi Everyone,

We have a new YouTube channel called Wouldn’t Know It’s Vegan. Just like the title says it is recipes that we created over weeks, months and sometimes even years to get the recipe just right where you wouldn’t know it was a vegan recipe. We emphasize simplicity in our videos so anyone can make the delicious recipes.

Check out our YouTube page You Wouldn’t Know It’s Vegan and share with your friends even subscribe so we can keep this channel going and create more great content. We still have many more videos with incredible vegan recipes to create for this channel.

Hello! I am not going to put my real name on here for safety/privacy purposes, but I have been vegan for about 3 years or so. I haven't written down the day or anything that I became vegan. I just went for it. Lol. I just found this vegan forum a few minutes ago. I was looking up something about going to the dentist as a vegan because I have never really been but maybe once when I was little to get a tooth pulled. Then another time for a teeth cleaning a few years later. I have social anxiety, so it is a little hard for me to go out and interact with humans. My heart starts to pound, I get a bit shaky, and my words just stammer out... sometimes not making any sense. Most of the time, I am a bit speechless. Anyway, I came across this one google search result that led me straight here! I'm excited to be a part of this awesome community! :)

:welcome:Everybody!

Hello! I am not going to put my real name on here for safety/privacy purposes, but I have been vegan for about 3 years or so. I haven't written down the day or anything that I became vegan. I just went for it. Lol. I just found this vegan forum a few minutes ago. I was looking up something about going to the dentist as a vegan because I have never really been but maybe once when I was little to get a tooth pulled. Then another time for a teeth cleaning a few years later. I have social anxiety, so it is a little hard for me to go out and interact with humans. My heart starts to pound, I get a bit shaky, and my words just stammer out... sometimes not making any sense. Most of the time, I am a bit speechless. Anyway, I came across this one google search result that led me straight here! I'm excited to be a part of this awesome community! :)
I have problems with people myself, I'm just not a 'people person', but I do love everyone here, and think you may too!
Very helpful community

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Just to say Dr Michael Greger says don't eat salt containing sodium ie sodium chloride as it increases blood pressure and is a major cause of death. Eat potassium chloride as it lowers blood pressure and is a life saver.

Hello, I just joined today, but I've been vegan since the spring of 2012. I'm a bit of a bookworm, gamer, pet lover, and like to bake when the mood strikes me. We moved to Maryland late last year and are in the process of going from an apartment to a house, so I'm looking forward to having some space for a garden and finally being able to adopt a dog. I'm excited to be a part of the community!

Hello, I just joined today, but I've been vegan since the spring of 2012. I'm a bit of a bookworm, gamer, pet lover, and like to bake when the mood strikes me. We moved to Maryland late last year and are in the process of going from an apartment to a house, so I'm looking forward to having some space for a garden and finally being able to adopt a dog. I'm excited to be a part of the community!
Good to meet you!

Reactions: Tea