The introductions thread

I figure I'd do an intro post but not feeling special enough to start my own thread LOL.

I am 47-year-old female living in Washington State. My roommates are a box turtle and a Russian tortoise :) I became vegetarian over 15 years ago with the thought it's sad and twisted others must die in order to eat. Then I wondered, is that true, especially for humans? I had heard of vegetarians and looked into it but didn't make the firm decision until I saw a show showing brutality against sea turtles (including bashing their heads), and the people responsible were laughing and not seeming to care about the suffering caused. It wasn't too hard for me either because I in a way I was already innately disgusted by it for the most part. Of course, I thought dairy and eggs were okay because no animal had to die.

In 2020, I had been stressed and eating so much cheese as comfort. I was afraid for my health and recalled some YT videos about the dangers and addictive qualities of dairy (sometimes I am fascinated by shows focused on nutrition) and I figured I would look those up to maybe scare myself away from dairy. The trail let me to the video Dairy is Scary and from there, Gary Yourofsky. I was furloughed from work at the time so I spent much time seeing where Youtube took me, and I came across the WFPB doctors and Ed Winters and Joey Carbstrong and watched a lot of their content :) Of course I became vegan once I realized.

As for more about me, I'm pretty much a homebody, work at home even before pandemic, like to go out on the local trail, and try to garden a bit. I play RPG video games and read and strive to limit or eliminate the never-ending time wasters on the internet. People like to label me quiet, hence my username. And, I can be socially awkward, and I wish that is not bothersome.

Hello everyone!My name is Everleigh.I have been vegan about 7 years and I am still finding I learn something new everyday.I don't think you could possibly know everything about this lifestyle as it changes all the time.I look forward to talking to you and being part of the community!
Hi Everleigh , Welcome , wow 7 years , I hope someday I'm writing that , hope you are enjoying it here , I'm completely new to it all . Take care , Jake

Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I'm a 58 year old female and reside in Chicago IL. In May I will be vegan for 5 years. I'm excited to interact on the forum and share ideas!

welcome to the forum!

We look forward to your contributions and hope you find lots of good ideas here.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com