The Everything Non-Dairy Thread

I was disappointed in the Breyer's non-dairy ice creams. Publix has just a couple flavors, one is the mint chip which is ok. The texture just isn't quite right. I much prefer the oat milk ice creams which are creamier.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and silva
I have liked both Aldi almond milk mocha, and whatever their strawberry flavor was- I think it was oatmilk.
I feel lucky ice cream isn't a craving anymore :laughing: .
Why not caramels and fudge or strawberry swirls though, in vegan ice creams?

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
So funny…I never found dairy Breyers to be creamy. Tasted more like ice milk to me. It’s a good thing there are so many options out there to satisfy everyone’s differing tastes lol.
I did say that if my cholesterol results were good that I was going to celebrate by eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s non dairy lol. I just have to find a flavor I really want. My favorite is the caramel almond brittle but I haven’t seen it in the stores. I’ll have to go on a hunt. I don’t think I tried shop rite.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
So delicious mocha almond fudge made with soy milk was always a favorite. I haven’t seen it in a few years now.

I found breyer’s mint chip at stop n shop! Picking up my curbside in a little bit. I will try it as soon as I get home, haha.

I was disappointed in the Breyer's non-dairy ice creams. Publix has just a couple flavors, one is the mint chip which is ok. The texture just isn't quite right. I much prefer the oat milk ice creams which are creamier.
I agree about the breyer’s. I’m eating the mint chip now and it has zero creaminess…definitely watery/ice milky but then that’s how I remember dairy breyer’s being anyway. The flavor is nice. And I like the chunks of chocolate. I wouldn’t buy it again unless it was the only option available. Which isn’t likely, thank goodness, lol. Luckily my son will eat it. He pretty much eats anything, haha.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I hope you like it. No vegan ice cream over here.
It was just ok…taste was good, nice chocolate chunks but it’s not creamy. I won’t buy again since I do like the Ben and Jerry’s. Either way, it’s not something I can eat every day because of the fat/calorie content, lol. Although I am very good with portion control (except for the pint I’m going to eat since my cholesterol levels were so low, haha). If I like the breyers better I would have eaten half of that but I’d rather son finish it and I’ll get my B&J’s instead.

I'm raising my estimation of Trader Joe's Vegan Cream cheese a few notches.
Initially I thought it was too stiff, too hard. but if you leave it on a hot bagel for ten seconds, it spreads very nicely.
Its also one of the least expensive spreads.
It is mostly coconut oil. - but all the cream cheeses are mostly fat.

• Love
There are more than a few threads and posts on plant milk machines all over VF. At some point I may consolidate and make The Milk Machine Thread
but for now, here is another post about the latest machine.
The Milky Plant Machine

This sounds good. its not available yet. It seems sort of expensive but it looks real easy to use.

I'll wait for some reviews to come out.

There are more than a few threads and posts on plant milk machines all over VF. At some point I may consolidate and make The Milk Machine Thread
but for now, here is another post about the latest machine.
The Milky Plant Machine

This sounds good. its not available yet. It seems sort of expensive but it looks real easy to use.

I'll wait for some reviews to come out.

for that kind of money I can buy a lot of oat milk at the store and wouldn't have to find space for another appliance

do let us know if you get one, or what the reviews say

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
I do drink a lot of plant milk. 1.5 gal a week. about $12 a week. also I'm always running out and having to go to the store. And the nearest store (trader joes) seems to be out of soy milk all the time.

Plus the packaging.

but I've been looking at these machines for a while, and still haven't gotten one. but maybe I just haven't seen the right one yet.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
For that price I'd get a Vitamix.
How does it do soy milk though?
I need a recipe I like for oatmilk. I've tried soooo many tips, but I always get either slimey, not good taste, or tastes just like oatmeal. I've tried soaking, not soaking, warm water, cold water, don't blend too much, dont strain, do strain, steel cuts.....
Pretty sure it's the additives.
I should try my SoyaJoy again, maybe try and blend it in the Vitamix.
TJ's should be getting the soy beverage back by Aug. I'll call in the morning.

• Friendly