The Everything Non-Dairy Thread

Chryssie

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I was disappointed in the Breyer's non-dairy ice creams. Publix has just a couple flavors, one is the mint chip which is ok. The texture just isn't quite right. I much prefer the oat milk ice creams which are creamier.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and silva

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
I have liked both Aldi almond milk mocha, and whatever their strawberry flavor was- I think it was oatmilk.
I feel lucky ice cream isn't a craving anymore :laughing: .
Why not caramels and fudge or strawberry swirls though, in vegan ice creams?

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
So funny…I never found dairy Breyers to be creamy. Tasted more like ice milk to me. It’s a good thing there are so many options out there to satisfy everyone’s differing tastes lol.
I did say that if my cholesterol results were good that I was going to celebrate by eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s non dairy lol. I just have to find a flavor I really want. My favorite is the caramel almond brittle but I haven’t seen it in the stores. I’ll have to go on a hunt. I don’t think I tried shop rite.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
So delicious mocha almond fudge made with soy milk was always a favorite. I haven’t seen it in a few years now.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I found breyer’s mint chip at stop n shop! Picking up my curbside in a little bit. I will try it as soon as I get home, haha.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I was disappointed in the Breyer's non-dairy ice creams. Publix has just a couple flavors, one is the mint chip which is ok. The texture just isn't quite right. I much prefer the oat milk ice creams which are creamier.
I agree about the breyer’s. I’m eating the mint chip now and it has zero creaminess…definitely watery/ice milky but then that’s how I remember dairy breyer’s being anyway. The flavor is nice. And I like the chunks of chocolate. I wouldn’t buy it again unless it was the only option available. Which isn’t likely, thank goodness, lol. Luckily my son will eat it. He pretty much eats anything, haha.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I hope you like it. No vegan ice cream over here.
It was just ok…taste was good, nice chocolate chunks but it’s not creamy. I won’t buy again since I do like the Ben and Jerry’s. Either way, it’s not something I can eat every day because of the fat/calorie content, lol. Although I am very good with portion control (except for the pint I’m going to eat since my cholesterol levels were so low, haha). If I like the breyers better I would have eaten half of that but I’d rather son finish it and I’ll get my B&J’s instead.

OP
OP
Lou

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I'm raising my estimation of Trader Joe's Vegan Cream cheese a few notches.
Initially I thought it was too stiff, too hard. but if you leave it on a hot bagel for ten seconds, it spreads very nicely.
Its also one of the least expensive spreads.
It is mostly coconut oil. - but all the cream cheeses are mostly fat.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou