The Everything Non-Dairy Thread

The Milk Future Museum is having a giveaway.
I don't have an instagram account so I didn't do the sign up. The give away is for a Almond Cow Starter Set ($279)
An Almond Cow seems to be something like the SoyaJoy. But for nuts and grains.

You can learn more about the Almond Cow here.

• Informative
Reactions: 1956
As you know sometimes my mind goes off in a weird direction and then I have to try and catch up.

Some non-dairy cheese manufacturer should hire Wallace and Grommet to make a series of non-dairy cheese promotions. Wallace with a vegan lady friend. Grommet with a new cow friend. Maybe something with a sheep. You know we sometimes see goat's milk cheese in the stores. Its like a delicacy. How come no one makes sheep's milk cheese. Grommet could figure that out.

Reactions: Brian W
As you know sometimes my mind goes off in a weird direction and then I have to try and catch up.

Some non-dairy cheese manufacturer should hire Wallace and Grommet to make a series of non-dairy cheese promotions. Wallace with a vegan lady friend. Grommet with a new cow friend. Maybe something with a sheep. You know we sometimes see goat's milk cheese in the stores. Its like a delicacy. How come no one makes sheep's milk cheese. Grommet could figure that out.

Oh, but there is sheep’s milk cheese - at least in France - it is called fromage du brebis....and many of them are blue...
Once upon a time, a long long time ago I used to love them...
It is a cute idea for a promotion though...

I avoid the grocery stores as much as possible and order online and do a curbside pickup.
I've learned to click on the button that does not allow for substitutions. *
But this Safeway has had some "out of stock" issues with soy milk. So I allowed for subs.
I ordered vanilla soy milk and got vanilla almond milk.
I also ordered Silk Original soy milk. And I got Silk Ultra Original Plant-Based Protein Drink.
I didn't even know that there was a Silk Ultra Plant-based Protein Drink.
I'm having a glass with my LaraBar peanut butter cookie. I can't eat one of these cookies without a glass of milk to wash it down. And it tastes pretty good. Almost a little bit like a milk shake.
One glass has 20 g of protein. That is like 3x the amount of protein normally found in soy milk (or cows milk).
I'm going to go as far as to say it can replace your basic protein powder supplement - and it tastes a lot better than the last protein powder I bought.
I want to try the chocolate one next week.
--I just read some reviews of it. Its supposed to be great in coffee too - which makes sense cause its thicker than soy milk. and one reviewer said it foams up great.

* One time I ordered soy mik and got cow's milk. and one time I ordered 5 pounds of carrots and got 20 pounds.
I got the chocolate flavored one and its pretty good. But not as tasty as the Silk Chocolate Almond Coconut blend which has pea protein. and something like 10 grams of protein.

As of right now regular silk soy milk, the ultra and the almond coconut are all priced the same and they even have coupons for them at the supermarket. Being that I go thru a lot of plant milk each week I don't have decide on just one.

The Milk Future virtual museum is having a virtual mixology workshop. Here is the menu.

Attachments

• Milk+Future+Invite+and+Cocktail+Menu.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Have you had Foragers cashew 'yogurt'? I thought it was terrible, and not a thing like yogurt! It had that kinda texture like you find in fat free mayos
I don't know. I don't remember. I rarely buy yogurt.

However I used to buy a Daiya shred that was a Mexican blend of cheeses that really helped out my buritoes. However I have not seen it in the stores for years. Maybe its been discontinued.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
I almost bought a Soyajoy a few years ago. I think the video of the guy showing how it works sort of turned me off of it. I make so much soy milk it just didn't seem practical.

Well now there is this thing: the ChefWave Milkmade.

I think I would run out and get one today but I don't have the counter space. I could probably squeeze in the the Soyajoy. Well, maybe if I traded my 6 qt InstantPot for a 3 quart. but I don't really want to do that. And I'm not sure how practical this thing is either. I pretty much would have to use it everyday. It is a hands off operation so maybe it would be practical And it cleans itself. with the amount of soy milk I make it would pay for itself quickly.

They love it at Amazon.

OH!!!
While searching and browsing I discovered that Joyoung has a few new models out. And one of them is more compact. must do more research. Would like to see a review of the milk it makes.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
You know I never was a fan of KIND.
I don't think any of their bars are vegan. Not only do most (if not all) contain honey, most (if not all) contain palm oil.

You know I never was a fan of KIND.
I don't think any of their bars are vegan. Not only do most (if not all) contain honey, most (if not all) contain palm oil.
RIght! When I first saw them I thought Alicia Silverstone created them per her book "The Kind Life

I can believe we may have a surge in non dairy treats, people are certainly now accepting of non dairy milks.
Where's the fffffgggg vegan mayo, huh?? I still look for Just Mayo- no where. Now Hellmans is also absent. The only reasonably priced ones are Veganaise and Earth Balance, and I'm not a fan. I hated Hellmans vegan.
Just Mayo won the best vegan mayo on Americas Test Kitchen taste test
So many options for companies to get in on this.
How about Miracle Whip? Like just change their formula and have a whole new ad campaign- no one thinks of that as mayo anyway
Or Daiya?

Reactions: Lou
Numilk

Mark Cuban just invested 2M into this company. Personally I'm not impressed.

but if you could bring your own bottles to the store and fill them up with plant milk - there would be a nice environmentally.

What do you guys think?