Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBQ with the girlfriend's family for Canada Day. My contribution is homemade soft pretzels, some of which i will leave in dough form. Then you can twist the dough around the hot dot/tofu dog and it cooks around it as you grill it. Sort of like a corn dog but better.

Reactions: AlmandineSky
Chili sin carne but with ... with ... s*** is there a English name for Grünkern????French name is Épeautre vert....
That's an old wheat sort, spelt, which is harvested still green and dried over charcoal fire. It's a very old German dish with a rich, smoky aroma. Anyone heard of that before?

It's a great substitute for the minced meat in Chili con carne and harmonises quite well with red beans, paprika, tomato and crispy baguette.
I love food variety, so Grünkern is a nice replacement for soy granulate or smoked tofu. :)

I have zucchini, green beans and eggplant. I might just saute them up with some onion and garlic and sprinkle on some herbs and nutritional yeast. Easy peasy.

I'm going to have poppadoms with mango chutney & then channa masala with rice. :)

I cooked some TVP in veggie broth seasoned with onion, taco seasoning and nutritional yeast. My boyfriend had TVP taco wraps. I put some of the TVP on a nice big green salad for myself with a little homemade hot sauce.

Reactions: sallyomally
Status
Not open for further replies.