Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've become obsessed with the new steamer. I wrapped some new potatoes, corn on the cob, tomato, onion,veggie sausage and a few chick'n strips, a little sliced onion and added a few sprinkles of garlic powder and Old Bay seasoning in foil and steamed for about 45 minutes. Everything was nice and moist and so tender. We served it up with salad and garlic bread. Pretty tasty.

Reactions: AlmandineSky
Tried one of the Pinterest rice recipes;turmeric rice, with a side of falafel and sauteed spinach. Very good. I like the new recipe.

Yesterday was sauteed bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and the FIRST zucchini of the season from my garden. I can't wait for the season to progress to the point where more than just the zucchini is home grown. It was delicious.

Tonight, my friend is coming over for dinner with me and my boyfriend. Due to her allergies and my dietary restrictions, we plan to make a risotto. Not sure what kind as she is a bit fussier than I am in the veggie department, but we'll pick something fresh up at the farm stand after I get out of work.

Haricot beans in a thick tomato style sauce. When I say 'beans on toast' some people dont know what they are so I thought Id put UK baked beans...
big-beans-on-toast.jpg

I could literally have beans with anything! <3

I just had some carrot sticks, mushrooms & baby corn dipped in piri piri houmous tonight.

Yesterday was sauteed bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and the FIRST zucchini of the season from my garden. I can't wait for the season to progress to the point where more than just the zucchini is home grown. It was delicious.

Tonight, my friend is coming over for dinner with me and my boyfriend. Due to her allergies and my dietary restrictions, we plan to make a risotto. Not sure what kind as she is a bit fussier than I am in the veggie department, but we'll pick something fresh up at the farm stand after I get out of work.

I ended up making a plain risotto with just onion and garlic and veggie broth, then in a separate pan sauteeing some zucchini, bell pepper, onion, garlic and scallions with the last of my cauliflower taco filling. Served the veggies over the risotto and it was quite tasty. Mexican-style veggies go great with rice and the risotto added a nice creaminess to the equation that plain rice lacks.

To answer your question, Sallyomally, the cauliflower taco filling was really just cauliflower I sauteed and seasoned with store-bought taco seasoning. I sometimes add some nutritional yeast in addition to the taco seasoning.

If you pulse cauliflower in the food processor, it gets crumbly, like the consistency of ground beef. I just used a big knife to mince mine up, because I didn't want to pull out an appliance and make more dishes, haha.

I've become obsessed with the new steamer. I wrapped some new potatoes, corn on the cob, tomato, onion,veggie sausage and a few chick'n strips, a little sliced onion and added a few sprinkles of garlic powder and Old Bay seasoning in foil and steamed for about 45 minutes. Everything was nice and moist and so tender. We served it up with salad and garlic bread. Pretty tasty.
YUM!!!
Eta: I love dicing up cauliflower and putting it on vegan pizza, too. I mentioned cauliflower pizza on an omni board recently, and they almost had heart attacks saying how terrible that sounded. ;)

YUM!!!
Eta: I love dicing up cauliflower and putting it on vegan pizza, too. I mentioned cauliflower pizza on an omni board recently, and they almost had heart attacks saying how terrible that sounded. ;)

Sounds delicious. Do you use any sort of vegan cheese along with the cauliflower on your pizza?

Southwestern caserole--drizzle oil and stir in 3 tsp taco seasoning over red onions, bell peppers and sweet potatoes and roast in the oven and then add to black beans, corn and a jar of salsa plus 1/4 cup cashew cheese sauce.

Reactions: sallyomally
Status
Not open for further replies.