Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night we had a delicious dinner - Gusta ground Mex flavour - with onions, garlic, olive, frozen diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion - can of spaghetti sauce, spice and ScoobyDoo pasta - it was wonderful and there were leftovers - it is the first time I have had the ground and we loved it - I am sorry to my non-Canadian friends it does appear to be only available in Canada - very clean ingredients.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

last night we had a delicious dinner - Gusta ground Mex flavour - with onions, garlic, olive, frozen diced carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion - can of spaghetti sauce, spice and ScoobyDoo pasta - it was wonderful and there were leftovers - it is the first time I have had the ground and we loved it - I am sorry to my non-Canadian friends it does appear to be only available in Canada - very clean ingredients.

Emma JC
I'm more interested in the Scooby Doo pasta--is it from hemp? :rofl:

I had Impossible keilbasa with onions peppers and ground mustard.
I wonder if I used coconut oil in my seitan sausage would it be close? It's the texture I really like and I think it's the lack of fat. Next time I'll make them with tempeh that's in the food processor and add some refined coconut oil

Reactions: PTree15 and Mazen
I'm more interested in the Scooby Doo pasta--is it from hemp? :rofl:

I had Impossible keilbasa with onions peppers and ground mustard.
I wonder if I used coconut oil in my seitan sausage would it be close? It's the texture I really like and I think it's the lack of fat. Next time I'll make them with tempeh that's in the food processor and add some refined coconut oil

hehehe nope - regular pasta it is just the shape

last night I made chip dip from onion soup mix, garlic powder and soft Silken tofu and we had carrots sticks, green onions, bell pepper strips, potato chips, jalapeno stuffed olives and chocolate cookies for dessert

Emma JC

1714056896588.jpeg

What is Scoobi Doo pasta?
A macaroni curved in an s-shape tube. It has been bestowed with many names including cellentani, spirali, tortiglione, or serpentini. Vernacular names of this pasta are “scoobi doo” and “double elbows”.

Spaghetti and meatballs. One of my favorite dishes.
Now my diet has changed a bit. Due to certain health problems, I have to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a generally healthy eating habit. First of all, I've cut out all fast food and try to cook mostly dietary dishes. In addition, I am on the right treatment for my problem and I am taking meds from a Canadian Pharmacy Partnership now. Thanks to them and the information I can read there, I am feeling a little better and I already feel good on this diet.

Last edited:
Over the past couple of days I have continued to have hearty salads* for dinner.

For dessert: the day before yesterday I made a dairy-free chocolate ice cream (using frozen bananas as base) - it turned out a little more ' liquidy' than expected, but still nice. Yesterday I had dried fruits, dates and nuts with a sprinkle of tahini.

*The salads share a 'common base' , but each evening I add/swap extra ingredients (e.g. yesterday I added cabbage and extra tomatoes; the day before yesterday I put some beetroots, potatoes and avocado), so that the flavours and textures of the salads change every time (it is like having a new dish every time). I need to experiment on new dressings though, to make it even more interesting.

we had a delicious fried rice last night which I sous cheffed for and my honey put together - onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery, Just Egg patties cut into chunks, soy curls soaked and added and the funny thing is my honey went to add some soy sauce while cooking and mistakenly added malt vinegar instead and it added an amazing flavour!

Emma JC

Hearty salad - including leafy greens, chickpeas, potatoes, beetroot, avocado; dressed with a mix of balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, tahini and nutritional yeast.
'Mashed banana dessert' - with dates, berries (fresh and dried), cashew nuts, dried coconut flakes, a little almond butter and tahini.
All good!