Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Today it was tostadas with homemade refried beans, roasted gold potatoes, white corn topped some topped with guacamole, some with pico and some with mango salsa. I even had a side of beans with some mango salsa…I never imagined refried beans and mangos would be so good together, but I am in love! We really love our Latino/Hispanic/Caribbean foods in the is house!!

I am cooking single-pot pasta, by first boiling cubed tofu, mushrooms and onion; and then adding gemelli, cubed tomatoes, garlic, spices, liquid smoke, olive oil and arugula.

I do a lot of one pot (IP) dishes and just throw everything into the pot.

It isn't difficult to make at all, but I don't buy cabbage regularly.
Neither do I, come to think of it... I do love cabbage, but I like other "cabbagey" vegetables more- and it would be hard for even me to eat a whole head's worth of cabbage before it spoiled! I've also had good luck growing cabbage-family vegetables like mustard greens, rapini, and kale. In fact, I think I might have made my colcannon with one of those. I think at least one colcannon recipe I came across suggested either kale or cabbage in the dish.

Neither do I, come to think of it... I do love cabbage, but I like other "cabbagey" vegetables more- and it would be hard for even me to eat a whole head's worth of cabbage before it spoiled! I've also had good luck growing cabbage-family vegetables like mustard greens, rapini, and kale. In fact, I think I might have made my colcannon with one of those. I think at least one colcannon recipe I came across suggested either kale or cabbage in the dish.

Cruciferous. 👍Same here; I like all of them except for turnips.

1709320144821.png

We had a vegan party yesterday evening to celebrate M's 50th birthday and there was a lot of food left over so we will be eating party food with salad for dinner. M's god daughter created some amazing food including mini burgers and vegan cheese and chili puffs. :yum

Vegetable soup with millet, fava beans and whole grain bread; a few pickled peppers and stuffed green olives on the side.
For dessert: 'Mashed banana mix' (with nuts, dates, dried berries, cinnamon and tahini). Plus: a small piece of sugar-free granola bar (with nuts and dried fruits).
All good.