Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

If you ever had a curry or curry sauce from a Chinese chip shop when you were in the UK, you will have a good idea. It's my favourite curry. It's like a cross between something Indian and something oriental and has a very pleasant sweetness and richness.

We never had takeaways when I was a youngster. I still find my mum's Madras style curry the best ever and I cannot duplicate it.:(

last night I made falafels and then wrapped them up in a w/w tortilla as we were out of pita - chopped cherry tomatoes, pickles, olives, green onion, greens and a garlic sauce I made with hummus/tahini/lemon juice/garlic powder and a bit of maple syrup - my honey had some of his lentil soup also

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Tonight we are having a stirfry that I threw together this morning - vegan chicken strips, broccolini, green peas, red pepper, green onions and fresh from our garden, green beans and chili peppers. Serving it with a side of basmati rice. I usually prefer jasmine or coconut rice with stirfry and basmati with curry. However, basmati is what is in the pantry and needs using up.

Tortellini (Vemondo/Lidl) with stock/melted Applewood cheese/a sprinkle of seasoning/yeast flakes and a
drizzle of evo. They were surprisingly delicious.

Chocolate & hazelnut (Vemondo) ice cream. More hazelnut compared to chocolate in taste and not as good as
their vanilla flavoured one which was creamier.

So last night I tried a recipe from the book "veganistan" (which happens to be written by a friend of mine so I got a free copy lol). It was called Turkish cabbage stew, which doesn't sound very appetising but it was actually delicious. It was onions and garlic, fried, added a whole smallish cabbage, roughly chopped and sauteed until softened. Added dried soya mince (briefly soaked to soften it up), tomato puree, bay leaves, paprika, aleppo pepper, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, a handful of raisins and veg stock, not a lot, just enough to almost cover then simmered until everything soft and cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Took about 20 mins. Had it with rice although flatbread would also be nice. I've got plenty left over for tea tonight. I'd not tried soya mince before and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and pleasant to eat. Incredibly cheap source of protein too!

So last night I tried a recipe from the book "veganistan" (which happens to be written by a friend of mine so I got a free copy lol). It was called Turkish cabbage stew, which doesn't sound very appetising but it was actually delicious. It was onions and garlic, fried, added a whole smallish cabbage, roughly chopped and sauteed until softened. Added dried soya mince (briefly soaked to soften it up), tomato puree, bay leaves, paprika, aleppo pepper, thyme, oregano, cinnamon, a handful of raisins and veg stock, not a lot, just enough to almost cover then simmered until everything soft and cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Took about 20 mins. Had it with rice although flatbread would also be nice. I've got plenty left over for tea tonight. I'd not tried soya mince before and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and pleasant to eat. Incredibly cheap source of protein too!

sounds really good

We had spaghettini in spag sauce with onion/garlic/olives. We were short on leftover sauce and didn't wish to open a new large can so used a small can of pizza sauce to augment.... it worked, it was very tasty. May have to do that more often when just a small amount is needed.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Tonight: curry (chickpeas, cauliflower, spinach, red pepper, butternut squash, courgette, turnip, potato with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, spices) served with lentil flatbreads (red lentils soaked and blended then poured into a frying pan and cooked like pancakes). So good!

A Happyvore banger with fried mushrooms, a tossed lamb's lettuce salad with vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
A slice of artisan organic ww bread with spread.
Aldi vanilla ice cream.

Reactions: Emma JC