Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm going to try this recipe for soy curls bacon. It's interesting because it doesn't require soaking them in hot liquid, but we'll see how it comes out. I like the marinade ingredients, so even if it doesn't taste like bacon, it still might have a nice flavor. I don't have lettuce or tomatoes for a BLT (I so need to go shopping), but I will make a wrap with onions and vegan mayo. I might make some air fryer fries to go with.

I'm going to try this recipe for soy curls bacon. It's interesting because it doesn't require soaking them in hot liquid, but we'll see how it comes out. I like the marinade ingredients, so even if it doesn't taste like bacon, it still might have a nice flavor. I don't have lettuce or tomatoes for a BLT (I so need to go shopping), but I will make a wrap with onions and vegan mayo. I might make some air fryer fries to go with.
I still have soy curls and may try that too--no smoked paprika for me though! I guess more liquid smoke
I need to make more mayo. A BLT sounds so good, I usually use the Baco's (I luv those!)

So this was delicious, except that it was a tad salty. The rub I used had salt in it, so next time, I'll make my own rub minus the salt. Other than that, it's very tasty! Not quite bacon-y, but it had a very nice smoky/maple flavor which I love.

This is definitely a keeper and quick to make because you dump everything in the pan and just cook down the marinade all in one shot. I was afraid the soy curls wouldn't rehydrate all the way with just the room-temp marinade, but it worked great and the curls totally sucked up the flavor.

I think tomorrow I will venture out and get lettuce and tomato for a proper vegan BLT!

I"m having the soy curls bacon in a wrap. I wasn't in the mood to venture out (still coughing from the wretched head cold) for the lettuce and tomato, but it's all good. I'll have onions and vegan mayo in the wrap. And I need some veggies, so I think I will have green beans and corn.

I made pasta today as I needed to use up cherry tomatoes and I completely forgot to put them in. Just trying to decide whether to make tomato lentil soup or bruschetta with them now...