Health Issues Sleep problems

I'm in a really odd pattern, now. Basically, I guess I'm doing my own version of biphasic sleeping. It's working most nights...the key is whether or not I fall back to sleep between 4-5. Most nights (mornings) I do but those two days a week where I wake at 2:15 and stay awake are a little rough. But on average, I'm "feeling" much better, not tired, during the day. Some days I even nap for twenty minutes after dinner and that helps, too. I don't like being awake, though, (anywhere) between 1-5. I don't want to "get up", mainly because there's nowhere for me to go without disturbing the rest of the household, mainly the cats...they would love it but they would torture me...so I lie in bed and watch tv and play on my phone. It gets boring. Unfortunate, I'm not a "reader".

I still use the timer on the tv and I'm happy that on the good nights, when I wake, I'm not having anxiety with the quiet/darkness in the room. I do play soft music, though. I find it very soothing.

All in all, it's still an improvement...just not "normal".

Reactions: ledboots
I'm in a really odd pattern, now. Basically, I guess I'm doing my own version of biphasic sleeping. It's working most nights...the key is whether or not I fall back to sleep between 4-5. Most nights (mornings) I do but those two days a week where I wake at 2:15 and stay awake are a little rough. But on average, I'm "feeling" much better, not tired, during the day. Some days I even nap for twenty minutes after dinner and that helps, too. I don't like being awake, though, (anywhere) between 1-5. I don't want to "get up", mainly because there's nowhere for me to go without disturbing the rest of the household, mainly the cats...they would love it but they would torture me...so I lie in bed and watch tv and play on my phone. It gets boring. Unfortunate, I'm not a "reader".

I still use the timer on the tv and I'm happy that on the good nights, when I wake, I'm not having anxiety with the quiet/darkness in the room. I do play soft music, though. I find it very soothing.

All in all, it's still an improvement...just not "normal".

I know that insomnia is awful and can be difficult to manage when working, however this made me laugh. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
Aaaaand an equally bad one last night. Booooo.

I woke up at 3:15. It's now 5:45. I surrender. I'm getting up now.

Oh no...:hug:

I'm grateful I don't have that issue.

My suggestion is to try Melatonin. It's available just about anyplace that sells vitamins. It's a natural chemical in your brain that makes you tired. It's non-addictive. Use it until you regulate your sleep. Start with the lowest dose, and increase until you have a peaceful night's sleep. You will know if you are taking to much because you'll have very vivid, bizarre dreams. I've used this on and off for years, as have other family members without any side effects. Be sure to allow yourself a good 8 hours of sleep before taking, or you may be groggy and slow going in the morning. Nothing is more miserable than being dog tired all day!

I was awake at 5 am yesterday and today at 3.30 due to a slight migraine. My sleeping pattern is just haywire and I often fall asleep in front of the TV at 7 or 8 pm.:(

I'm not surprised with Cancer a strong 10 hours. Heck, my NAPS are typically 3 hours long. I just don't feel energetic unless I've had lots of sleep.

I'm not surprised with Cancer a strong 10 hours. Heck, my NAPS are typically 3 hours long. I just don't feel energetic unless I've had lots of sleep.
My first born is a Cancer...the kid slept 16 hours from six weeks old. New moms hated me, lol. No wonder I wanted ten kids after her. She still loves to sleep.

I have,officially been awake for the last 2 hours and 50 minutes. I think the Advil and tea is kicking in. I hope I can catch another hour or so before I have to get up for work...

I have,officially been awake for the last 2 hours and 50 minutes. I think the Advil and tea is kicking in. I hope I can catch another hour or so before I have to get up for work...

How I feel for you. I don't know what time it is but I've been up since 2.30 am and went straight to work. I feel like it's going to be a long day.

I did fall back to sleep...got another 90 minutes. I'm good to go. :)

Reactions: ledboots
I've been awake since 1:20. It's now 4:03. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk