Health Issues Sleep problems

I've been awake since 1:20. It's now 4:03. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put an app called Twilight on my phone that automatically takes away some of the blue light from the phone at designated times. The blue color is what they think disturbs the sleep cycle in electronics. You can set it to whatever level you want. That, and I turn off the tv. If i need noise I use the radio in my phone. I have been sleeping somewhat better (I have very messed up sleep cycles after a dozen years of 12 hour night shift work.)

I am sleeping better, but it has only been a few weeks, so we shall see.

:hug:
I have been so very tired, but I go to bed and I just toss and turn. I can't get past the half asleep.

I put an app called Twilight on my phone that automatically takes away some of the blue light from the phone at designated times. The blue color is what they think disturbs the sleep cycle in electronics. You can set it to whatever level you want. That, and I turn off the tv. If i need noise I use the radio in my phone. I have been sleeping somewhat better (I have very messed up sleep cycles after a dozen years of 12 hour night shift work.)

I am sleeping better, but it has only been a few weeks, so we shall see.
I have been doing better, overall. I will check out that app. I did get myself used to having the tv off for the last several months. It doesn't really seem to make a difference. I still have the nights where I wake up after 3-4 hours and then stay awake for 2-3 hours. Then catch another two hours which is what happened last night. It will take me longer to get going but once I get to work I will feel ok. I decided I am a biphasic sleeper. I like that word. And those are my most productive days, even better then when I get 7 hours straight.

On a rare occasion I will wake up around 2-3 am and not fall back to sleep. Those are the days I just want to lie down and die, lol.

The Fitbit my daughter gave me is fun. It's amazing how, even when I think I'm sleeping ok, it tells me I was awake 8 times and restless 17 times.

Reactions: ledboots
I've been awake since 1:20. It's now 4:03. Ugh.

Same here. I was awake due to a migraine at 1 am and had a cup of coffee. The end result is that the pain disappeared but then I couldn't get back to sleep. I eventually fell asleep at 5 only to be woken up at 6 am by the alarm.

I feel shattered and have no energy despite having so much to do. I slept far better when I was in the UK and despite having being up at 4.30/5 am every day, I was full on energy.

I recently started Headspace meditation. The on the go module "sleep" is quite helpful. I also like pzizz (free app) though I'm not always in the mood for either.

All in all I'm not doing awful. The sleep problem is intermittent. I woke up at 3 am this morning, wide awake. Yesterday was 4 am. It's hard to start the day that early!

I started using Flonase more regularly and I'm wondering, since it's a steroid, if it's interfering with my sleep. I'll have to google that. And it's always been the case with me, the more I exercise the less I sleep. I'm so backwards!

I had a coffee at 2:30 yesterday (never usually allow caffeine at the time, but just didn't think.) Could get to sleep until 5am....have to get up at 6:45. I'm giving up caffeine completely for a while, lol.

I have been doing better, overall. I will check out that app. I did get myself used to having the tv off for the last several months. It doesn't really seem to make a difference. I still have the nights where I wake up after 3-4 hours and then stay awake for 2-3 hours. Then catch another two hours which is what happened last night. It will take me longer to get going but once I get to work I will feel ok. I decided I am a biphasic sleeper. I like that word. And those are my most productive days, even better then when I get 7 hours straight.

On a rare occasion I will wake up around 2-3 am and not fall back to sleep. Those are the days I just want to lie down and die, lol.

The Fitbit my daughter gave me is fun. It's amazing how, even when I think I'm sleeping ok, it tells me I was awake 8 times and restless 17 times.

It must have been all those cakes that you were dreaming of ! :D

Reactions: KLS52
I hardly slept lately. I wake up with headaches, like pretty bad in the back of my head.
I have headaches most nights. I don't have them during the day but I wake up with them. Once I get up it goes away. Weird. I had an MRI two years ago because I was convinced it was a brain tumor. Thankfully, it was not. I don't know what it is. I sleep the same way, every night. Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't. It usually goes on for a few weeks and then I'm fine for a few weeks, so it's really hard to pinpoint the cause. I've tried everything...new pillows, no pillows, sinus meds, Tylenol/Advil. It doesn't seem to matter. When I get them, I get them and nothing I do or don't do makes a difference. They went away for a few months, at one point, and now they are back again. It's annoying.

I did sleep exceptionally bad last night. I'm on 8-4 hours at work and when I got home at 4:15 today, I went straight to bed. I set the alarm because I didn't want to sleep too long, so I got a little over an hour nap in. I'm having some friends over tomorrow, after work so I have a lot of prepping to do. Luckily, I feel pretty good now, so I should be able to get a bunch of stuff done.

I have headaches most nights. I don't have them during the day but I wake up with them. Once I get up it goes away. Weird. I had an MRI two years ago because I was convinced it was a brain tumor. Thankfully, it was not. I don't know what it is. I sleep the same way, every night. Sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't. It usually goes on for a few weeks and then I'm fine for a few weeks, so it's really hard to pinpoint the cause. I've tried everything...new pillows, no pillows, sinus meds, Tylenol/Advil. It doesn't seem to matter. When I get them, I get them and nothing I do or don't do makes a difference. They went away for a few months, at one point, and now they are back again. It's annoying.

I read about this type of headache the other day when I received a newsletter from my migraine forum :

Hypnic headache - The Migraine Trust

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for the link!

Have you had a sleep test? I was always horribly tired my whole life starting in my teens. FINALLY after 20 years of complaining to the doctor they sent me for a sleep test. Turns out I wake up over 100 times during the night because of my snoring :D Got myself a CPAP machine, and it's been smoooooth sailing. Although I also have low thyroid and that doesn't help o_O

Have you had a sleep test? I was always horribly tired my whole life starting in my teens. FINALLY after 20 years of complaining to the doctor they sent me for a sleep test. Turns out I wake up over 100 times during the night because of my snoring :D Got myself a CPAP machine, and it's been smoooooth sailing. Although I also have low thyroid and that doesn't help o_O
No, I haven't had a formal sleep test. Pretty sure I don't snore. I do have a Fitbit and it says I average 4 1/2 hours of actual sleep each night, even when I think I'm getting 6 or seven. I do wake frequently so I guess Fitbit is measuring deep quality sleep which I guess I'm not getting enough of.

I slept maybe like 2-3 hours last night. I just could not turn my mind off. It was a hard day. I hope for sleep tonight.
I hardly sleep most of the week and pass out one night, or a long nap. It has been this way since I was a child.

Ugh, SB :hug:

I've doing just ok. But tonight is night one of a possible four where I will be awake for a few hours until son returns home from Canada on Sunday/Monday. I woke at 2 am with a mild sense of panic so I had to turn on the tv and phone. Hopefully, I will get drowsy by 5 am and I will be able to get another hour or two of sleep before getting up for work. [emoji45]