Health Issues Sleep problems

I would be so happy if I could sleep from 9-10 pm to 5 pm. I love early morning. Especially in the spring/summer when the sun rises that early. I just need the sleep beforehand, lol.

I would be so happy if I could sleep from 9-10 pm to 5 pm. I love early morning. Especially in the spring/summer when the sun rises that early. I just need the sleep beforehand, lol.

Same here. I like the feeling first thing in the morning ( only when I don't work otherwise just HATE) when you can relax with a lovely cup of coffee, watch the news and putter around.:D

Reactions: Poppy and KLS52
^ Weird. :)

If I go to bed after midnight I tend to sleep for 6 hours straight but I am the type who prefers to go to bed earlier and wake up early. o_O

I find that I am best at doing any mentally challenging things early in the morning. Now I always check my financial stuff in the hours between 6am and 9am and by about 12 noon I am done for the day.:D I remember even when I was at school I couldn't think straight in the afternoon. I got up at about 4am on the day of my final exams at uni to revise as I knew I would remember the information if I read it at that time.

Moll, I am the opposite of you. I'm all about the night hours. My best hours are from about 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. I'm fairly useless in the brain before noon. :D

My sleep of late has been for sh*t, though last night, I finally got a decent amount. I really need a new mattress and box spring, as I think part of the problem is just an old, uncomfortable bed.

Moll, I am the opposite of you. I'm all about the night hours. My best hours are from about 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. I'm fairly useless in the brain before noon. :D

My husband is just like you as he hates early mornings. I've been up since 5 this morning.

I've been awake since 4.30 this morning and would love to sleep until at least 6 am.:(

It seems that your body is programmed to get up at the same hour every day.

Last edited:
I've been awake since 4.30 this morning and would love to sleep until at least 6 am.:(

It seems that your body is programmed to get up at the same hour every day.
:hug:

I am proof that everyone is different and that bedtime doesn't matter. My first night here I went to bed at my usual 9:30-10. Woke up several times during the night for various reasons. A plus was that I didn't stay awake for more than one hour, though, from 1:30-2:30. Usually it is between 2-5. And I managed to go back to sleep from 2:30-6:00. So I felt pretty good Friday.

But Friday was absolutely grueling for me. We left the house at 9:30 am, stopped for breakfast, and drove for three hours. Walked around from 2-5...had dinner...saw a play in a community theater that my friend directed. Then drove home from 11:00-1:30 am.

So here's the kicker...I went to bed at 2 am (Saturday morning) and guess what time I woke up? 5:30 am. Wide awake. So I got up. I did surprisingly well throughout the day for only having 3 1/2 hours sleep. I didn't "feel" great but I managed to keep up with everyone else.

Conclusion: it is what it is. We can try all the different tricks/methods of getting a good nights sleep. Some of us will be good sleepers and some of us won't. For those of us who don't, we need to find some way of coping. For me, it's napping on the weekend. I may even try to go to bed at 7 pm when I find I can't keep my eyes opened. If I end up waking at 11-12 I'll figure out something I can do at that hour. Then I can always go back to sleep at 2-3 am, catch another two hours sleep and still get up early since I love mornings.

Wow, that was a long post.

:hug: To all the bad sleepers. I am most definitely in this club. If I am lucky I can get 6 hours a night. I have one day a week that I tend to crash and sleep a lot.

I find the no screen before bed a bit difficult too, as my phone is both my alarmclock and I listen to Podcast when I get to bed (I find it easier to fall asleep then). No problem with turning off the TV or computer. But the phone is the worst thing. Perhaps start to get all ready on it, so I only can press play at the Podcast when I get to bed.

Really bad sleeping period again. I can sleep well for weeks, and then it's back.

I just read that if you buy a magnesium oil spray and spray it behind your knees before bed that it can help with sleep problems. I'm just reading the reviews on Amazon now...

ETA - some people are saying it has really helped with their nightly restless legs or arthritis pain but some are saying that it can really sting when it goes on and can dry your skin.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is the epsom salts in the bath before bed or the clocks going back but I have been sleeping better over the past few days. I still wake up early, but I slept through from 11-5 last night.:)

I had a dream about my primary school as it must have been the talk on here about learning times tables.:D

I've been doing better, also...I set the timer for the TV to go off once I fall asleep and I'm finding that even though I'm waking multiple times during the night, I have not had an episode where I'm awake for 2-3 hours.

I'm not sure what the time change is going to do, though...last night I crashed at 7 pm...slept for a little over an hour. Watched the majorly infuriating Walking Dead, then went back to sleep at 11. I woke up at 4:15 feeling pretty tired.