Health Issues Sleep problems

Not that I can think of. This has been going on and off for so many years, now, I feel like I know all of the dos and don'ts...like, literally everything. I could write a book on how to get a good night's sleep, only I can't practice what I preach, lol.

Some people don't need too much sleep. If you feel rested perhaps you are getting your fair share.

Some people don't need too much sleep. If you feel rested perhaps you are getting your fair share.
I feel rested for the first few hours. I definitely don't make it through the day and driving more than a few miles is problematic. And there's the fog head feeling that accompanies it. I definitely do better when I get 7+ hours of sleep, even if it's piece mealed throughout the night.

Alas, there's no real solution other than to deal and modify my day/life around the bad periods. :)

Luckily, today is Saturday. I've been up since 2 am and it's almost 6 now. I'll get some chores done and nap when the need hits.

I feel rested for the first few hours. I definitely don't make it through the day and driving more than a few miles is problematic. And there's the fog head feeling that accompanies it. I definitely do better when I get 7+ hours of sleep, even if it's piece mealed throughout the night.

Alas, there's no real solution other than to deal and modify my day/life around the bad periods. :)

So it looks like either you're not getting enough good quality sleep. Have you ever discussed this with your GP ? It may be related to breathing problems (apnea) during the night.

Last edited:
Yes, we have talked about it. It's not sleep apnea.

Never, honestly. My only caffeine is when I wake up.
I did have a little homemade Bailey's Wednesday evening but not the last two nights.

Never, honestly. My only caffeine is when I wake up.
I did have a little homemade Bailey's Wednesday evening but not the last two nights.

Same here. I only ever have coffee first thing in the morning and very occasionally tea for either lunch or afternoon tea. On the other hand I find that alcohol can mess up your sleep pattern. I only drink either a glass or wine or a cocktail from time to time.

Do you think that it is stress related ? I find that when I have problems or am stressed, I usually wake up during the middle of the night.

I imagine it could be related to general anxiety.

I tried lavender. I'm not all that familiar with any others.

Took Benadryl at 8:30 last night and was asleep by 9:20. I woke up a few times but fell right back to sleep. I didn't need to use the bathroom until 4:15 which is almost unheard of. I stayed awake until 5:30 and then slept until 7:40. Other than having a Benadryl hangover I feel much better.

Obviously I'm not going to take Benadryl on a regular basis but maybe 2-3 times during the week will help break the wake cycle.

Reactions: PTree15
I was very tired last night, and I fought the urge to stay up later because it was Saturday night and I didn't have to work on Sunday. I was in bed by 11:30, woke up at 6:30 and promptly went right back to sleep and didn't get up until 9. Finally, enough sleep!

Reactions: KLS52
Only the second bad night, tonight, since my last post. Woke up at 1:15, wide awake. I'm having a sneeze attack. Hopefully it's allergy related and not that I'm coming down with something. I'm going to get up and make some tea. It will be interesting with the cats. I may have to lure them into the bedroom with some dry food and close them in there. Then I'll stay on the couch until morning.

Sneezing stopped so that's good. I managed to fall back to sleep for about 25 minutes. Now I'm hungry and I want coffee but I'm going to try and wait until 6 a.m. at least.

I have been having such weird and vivid dreams lately. I just looked it up and it might be to do with taking kelp (iodine) tablets. The dreams are quite fun though, lots of climbing mountains/being in space/ trekking through jungles, much more exciting than my real life.

I also had bad dreams/ nightmares when I used to use melatonin for sleep.

Wow, those are interesting dreams. I have adventurous dreams, sometimes, when I'm stressed, but I usually interpret it as being overwhelmed and trying to escape because I often dream that I can run and jump really high, over trees and buildings.

Wow, those are interesting dreams. I have adventurous dreams, sometimes, when I'm stressed, but I usually interpret it as being overwhelmed and trying to escape because I often dream that I can run and jump really high, over trees and buildings.

Yes, I have the same dreams about being up high, or trying to fly or drive, and finding it difficult. I am a little stressed at the moment, but not overly so. I'm waiting for a letter to arrive and I can't do anything until it gets here. The letter in my real life, not in a dream, lol.

Reactions: KLS52
Generally, speaking I'm doing pretty decent in the sleep department...maybe 2-3 bad nights per week with good nights in between so it's been manageable. Last night was horrible, though. One of the worst nights in a long time. I have to crack up at the "sleep insights" on my fitbit, lol. It's pretty funny!

IMG_3749.jpg

The dark blue is supposed to be actual sleep time. Red is full awake. Light blue is awake and/or restless.

Last edited: