Skandinavia

I hope it is just a relic...

"One of the men who discovered the submarine, Dennis Asberg, told the Expressen newspaper it looked modern. But one expert quoted by the paper said he believed it was a Russian submarine that sank in 1916."
Yes, that is now what the Swedish authorities seem to think as well, that the submarine is from 1916.

Reactions: ledboots
The weather this summer has been very disappointing in Norway, and this old clip titled "Sad Weatherman" has re-surfaced:
It's in Norwegian, but you might be able to get the gist of it. A few of the lines:

- A big precipitation area is coming in from over here. [ pointing at black-and-white stripy symbol over Finland / Russia ]
- We've tried everything in our power to try and get rid of it. We've sent up a man in a helicopter to see if it was possible to get rid of some of the stripes of this thing. [ gesturing at the symbol ]
- We've talked to England, but they have this thing here. [ gesturing at a precipitation symbol west of the British Isles ]
- Here is also something that has arrived during the night. We don't have a clue what it is. It could be anything. It could be ... anything.

He then turns the attention to the north of Norway, and laments how it's very difficult to get it any warmer up there, despite heating up air and sending it up in that direction ...

Trust me, it's funny :p @Mikkel might be able to back me up!

It is! And I miss them telling the weather this way. It was so much more fun!

This shows how the summer in Norway have been.

Remeber it's summer. Don't leave your dog in the car. It may drown image.jpg

Reactions: Second Summer
Yesterday night a security guard at the university in Oslo called the police to report he'd been shot by two suspicious men when he approached them. The police arrived and found a bomb-like device which later turned out to be a dummy / hoax bomb. The buildings were closed off and staff were denied access. Looking at the history of said security guard, it turned out this was the third time he's been the victim of violent crime while at work at the university. I think the previous cases involved attempted strangulation and knifing.

And now the story has come to a dramatic conclusion: it has been revealed that the security guard actually fired the shot(s) himself! Apparently, the job at the university was too boring for him ...!

Just as long as they don't add growth hormones to these products, because otherwise the males who eat them will get a, um, major woody.

:hide:

215927_10151197411461700_188218513_n.jpg

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Do you know why so many Scandinavian immigrants settled in places like Minnesota and the Dakotas? They were the only immigrants willing and able to handle the brutal winters in that part of the country. True story.

I think the US has its share of winter and snow, and they know how to deal with it in those places.

The UK on the other hand ...!

Yes, it depends on where in the US...places that get a lot of snow are used to it and deal pretty well. When the southern states get a surprise hit it's understandable that even an inch or two would not be handled well.

Reactions: ledboots