US Politics-2022

Way to go Occupy Democrats, calling out how public education is indoctrination, and telling us about their own experience being propagandized by lying bastards
proof.PNG

In the Atlantic article "Trump just Told Us His Master Plan" David Frum reports on Trump talking about "a vision that a new Republican congress could enact sweeping new emergency powers for the next Republican President and make him able to fire governors and prosecutors. Scary stuff.

In the Atlantic article "Trump just Told Us His Master Plan" David Frum reports on Trump talking about "a vision that a new Republican congress could enact sweeping new emergency powers for the next Republican President and make him able to fire governors and prosecutors. Scary stuff.
I'm going to have to find my old copy of How Democracies Die, and re-read it.

I'm going to have to find my old copy of How Democracies Die, and re-read it.
Let's just hope that after democracy dies it's replaced with something decent.
1658952976933.png

Happy Friday, it's good to know that you made it to the end of the work week without the FBI and ATF burning you to death for owing things that they don't like.

Democrats who run for office really should point out all the good things that they have done

I'd also be quick to list all the bills and stuff the Republicans stopped.

Reactions: KLS52 and silva
I’m not very hopeful that anything useful is going to come from the raid. But I do tend to be pessimistic when it comes to him. ☹️

I’m not very hopeful that anything useful is going to come from the raid. But I do tend to be pessimistic when it comes to him. ☹️

I read and watched so much stuff about this last night so forgive me if I can't attribute a source.

One article I read had this theory/speculation.

Of all his offenses this might be the most minor However it might be the most easily proven in court. Especially if they have found classified documents that he should not have had in Mara-a-Lago.
So it IS a felony. And could result in jail time. But most importantly it would disqualify him from holding office ever again.

I have this little fantasy playing out in my imagination.

Merrick: listen, I don't want the DOJ to be like a banana republic republic and go after former presidents.
Some Other Guy: Do you see Trump aa a clear and present danger?
Merrick: not necessarily .
SOG: what if he gets elected as president.
Merrick: yeah, that could be a real problem.
SOG: If he announces he is running, you run into the DOJ policy of not investigating candidates when its an election year. and that is coming up. And you've already publicly stated that that policy is still in force.
Merrick: Yeah but we still have a little time
SOG: yes, but you don't want to rush things. And you don't even want an investigation that might be construed as political.
SOG: So, how about just try and convict him of something simple and easy like this document thing, and then you take away that possibility. That way even if he announces his candidacy tomorrow, you have an investigation to finish first AND give everyone time to finish their investigations later. Hell, even just acknoleging that he is the Target of an investigation, any investigation, gives us more time. And cools off the pressure from Congress.
Merrick: Hmm. Let me make some phone calls.

Reactions: KLS52
But most importantly it would disqualify him from holding office ever again.

So it turns out that this is another gray area. It would disqualify him from holding any office except for President. The question would have to settled in court - and would end up before the Supreme Court.

However it would be messy.

I read and watched so much stuff about this last night so forgive me if I can't attribute a source.

One article I read had this theory/speculation.

Of all his offenses this might be the most minor However it might be the most easily proven in court. Especially if they have found classified documents that he should not have had in Mara-a-Lago.
So it IS a felony. And could result in jail time. But most importantly it would disqualify him from holding office ever again.

I have this little fantasy playing out in my imagination.

Merrick: listen, I don't want the DOJ to be like a banana republic republic and go after former presidents.
Some Other Guy: Do you see Trump aa a clear and present danger?
Merrick: not necessarily .
SOG: what if he gets elected as president.
Merrick: yeah, that could be a real problem.
SOG: If he announces he is running, you run into the DOJ policy of not investigating candidates when its an election year. and that is coming up. And you've already publicly stated that that policy is still in force.
Merrick: Yeah but we still have a little time
SOG: yes, but you don't want to rush things. And you don't even want an investigation that might be construed as political.
SOG: So, how about just try and convict him of something simple and easy like this document thing, and then you take away that possibility. That way even if he announces his candidacy tomorrow, you have an investigation to finish first AND give everyone time to finish their investigations later. Hell, even just acknoleging that he is the Target of an investigation, any investigation, gives us more time. And cools off the pressure from Congress.
Merrick: Hmm. Let me make some phone calls.

Even if he goes to court, the case will end up like all the others - Trump's lawyers will find ways to indefinitely delay it until the prosecution gets tired of waiting and they agree to settle with a small fine and no admission of guilt.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
Another speculation...
What if while they are reading through the documents seized for evidence of mishandling classified materials they find something that incriminates him in a different crime.
Which seems sort of likely - he seems to break laws daily.
It is my understanding that as long as the search warrant is valid - anything they find in its execution is fair game.

trump has been know for destroying documents illegally - so why did he take all these documents out of the White House? there has got to be a shredder in his bedroom. (hmm maybe not - maybe that is why he uses the toilet to flush docs. )

he has had these docs for over 6 months. You would have to assume that anything too incriminating would have been destroyed by now. Can't remember exactly but I thought Eastman was seen burning docs in the WH fireplace.