New vegan cheese-Violife

This company is expanding it's range and countries of export. It even exports to the US.

However, no stores stock it over here.

Last edited:
Violife is the N° 1 seller on the Un Monde Vegan (the largest vegan online retailer in France) out of the 15 other brands. Moreover, it's a newcomer on their site and the owner wasn't even planning to stock it.:up:

It's really strange that not one single hypermarket or organic shop (they also do organic products) stocks this product.:(

I tried this new Greek style plant based cheese and found it to be quite tasty. It's quite different due to it's
texture to other pb cheeses. Unfortunately, the tangy and slightly crumbly texture of feta was not successfully duplicated.:(

My cousin tried a piece as she had just dished up some Feta. However, she found it tasted nothing like the real thing !:D

Definitely a winner for making salads. 👍

There’s something about the feta that I really like. I don’t remember the taste of feta though, so I can’t compare.

The other evening I sat watching tv eating the mozzarella shreds right out of the bag lol.

Reactions: shyvas
There’s something about the feta that I really like. I don’t remember the taste of feta though, so I can’t compare.

The other evening I sat watching tv eating the mozzarella shreds right out of the bag lol.

I still remember what it tastes like and Violife really doesn't have either the texture or taste of Feta. However, it does have a nice smooth texture and the taste is quite pleasant. I may have my last chunk for lunch in a salad.🥙😊

I have never tasted a plant based cheese that taste like dairy.:no:😋😊

I remember some of my last servings of real feta. It came from a jar with feta in brine. It was fairly vile :) So I hope the Violife feta isn't anything like that.

@shyvas, yes it was on the small side, and while it had a basement, there were no windows and it was not very good as a living space even if we finished it. It also needed some updating which I wouldn’t mind, but not for the price. Someone is trying to snatch it up though because it is now contingent.

@shyvas, yes it was on the small side, and while it had a basement, there were no windows and it was not very good as a living space even if we finished it. It also needed some updating which I wouldn’t mind, but not for the price. Someone is trying to snatch it up though because it is now contingent.

That's what I thought. Do you have any other condos to visit ? :oops:

My pal (B's mum) visited quite a few houses before she bought her little gem.;)
So fingers crossed and keep searching.

I used to eat feta salad non-stop whenever I was on holiday in Greece.

I forgot about the Violife halloumi cheese. I must try that again.

I have tried this brand.
It is creamy and also melts like mozzarella.

I made a baked potato with melted Violife. It is by far the best vegan cheese as far as stretch and texture is concerned. ;)

I would think that it would bluff any vegetarian or omni as long as it's cooked. :cool:

Reactions: PTree15
I’m liking it pretty much. Especially the parmesan block and feta.