New vegan cheese-Violife

I'm going to try the Violife cream cheese for lunch today. :)

Violife and Free From are by far the best vegan cheeses that I have ever tasted. However, I haven't tried their cream cheeses.

I had a very unpleasant experience with some Go Veggie garlic & chive cream cheese. It tasted sour so I had to return it.

Purezza (Vegan pizza restaurant in brighton) uses Violife as their cheese. I'm not usually big on vegan cheese (or dairy cheese tbf) but I enjoyed it. I even had a stuffed crust!!

Damnit now I want to go back to Purezza.

Purezza (Vegan pizza restaurant in brighton) uses Violife as their cheese. I'm not usually big on vegan cheese (or dairy cheese tbf) but I enjoyed it. I even had a stuffed crust!!

Damnit now I want to go back to Purezza.

It's my favourite vegan cheese and I use it quite often. It melts beautifully and tasted fabulous. IMO it tastes much better than Daiya.

It's my favourite vegan cheese and I use it quite often. It melts beautifully and tasted fabulous. IMO it tastes much better than Daiya.
Is it available only in the U.K.? I would so love to try it.

I really like their "smoky" flavor!

They are so far the only company I have found to make vegan cheese with smoked flavor, I was definitely missing that from my pre-vegan days...

I bought some Violife cream cheese during my visit in the UK. I'm sad to say that I didn't like it as it tastes sweet due to the high coconut oil content. The texture is quite good even though it isn't creamy but more set like a jelly. I had it on some oat cakes and I had the impression that I was eating cheesecake.
I didn't buy any Sainsbury's cream cheese so can't compare it. I will definitely be sticking to the firm Violife cheese which is excellent.

I bought some Violife cream cheese during my visit in the UK. I'm sad to say that I didn't like it as it tastes sweet due to the high coconut oil content. The texture is quite good even though it isn't creamy but more set like a jelly. I had it on some oat cakes and I had the impression that I was eating cheesecake.

I didn't like the Violife cream cheese either, I thought it was far too sweet.

The Violife hard cheese is lovely, I buy either the block or the slices almost every week.

I didn't like the Violife cream cheese either, I thought it was far too sweet.

The Violife hard cheese is lovely, I buy either the block or the slices almost every week.

Same here. I have tons of the firm and sliced Violife in the freezer. It really does makes the best pizza or bakes. It is far tastier and more stingy compared to Daiya. I will have to 'force' myself to eat the remaining cream cheese.:rolleyes:

I didn't buy any Sainsbury's cream cheese so can't compare it. I will definitely be sticking to the firm Violife cheese which is excellent.

Oh no! The sainsburys garlic cream cheese is amazing! Put that on your shopping list for next time? :p

I bought some Violife cream cheese during my visit in the UK. I'm sad to say that I didn't like it as it tastes sweet due to the high coconut oil content.
I thought it was very nice! Although, I'm not so keen on the coconut oil (saturated fat) from a health perspective.

I have finally bought their "Prosociano" vegan parmesan alternative and tried it out - awesome! Oh my, what has taken me so long?

Violife Prosociano - Violife foods, dairy free

Now I'm just sitting there with the block of cheese in one hand and a cheese slicer in the other, slicing off razor thin slices from the block and just eating them as a snack ... bliss!

Last edited:
I just bought their "Prosociano" vegan parmesan alternative and tried it out - awesome!

Violife Prosociano - Violife foods, dairy free

Now I'm just sitting there with the block of cheese in one hand and a cheese slicer in the other, slicing off razor thin slices from the block and just eating them as a snack ... bliss!

It's the N° 1 best seller on the Un Monde Vegan site. The only drawback is that it is very expensive. I froze mine and have had it for months. I only grate it for pasta dishes.

Yes, it is definitely their foray into the price range of more "artisan" cheeses like Vegusto ... about twice the price of their other products.