New vegan cheese-Violife

like leedsveg(on VB) said, it would be nice if all the slices were individually wrapped. Vegan cheese goes dry and cracked quite soon when packets are open.........still it was a good excuse to eat the lot, and it was lunchtime.

I usually make either pizza or aubergine bake when using vegan cheese. I will try and place an order for some Violife when I have used up my Daiya stock.
I 'm always eager to try and compare vegan cheeses.

I think that Violife is nice, but Daiya is much better (at least the shreds if you need melty cheese).

But in Europe, there is no Daiya (althogh I think Veganz now has it)

I think that Violife is nice, but Daiya is much better (at least the shreds if you need melty cheese).

But in Europe, there is no Daiya (althogh I think Veganz now has it)

You can order it online from a German website. I love Daiya cheese.;)

I'm onto the Violife block I got yesterday.....I'll have to be careful or I'll be eating this stuff all the time.

We just bought a new vegan cheese the other day called Violife.
View attachment 5443

Taste: Really quite good! Very much like Mozzarella. Jen said it was one of the best vegan cheeses she's had, ever. I think she first bought some from Tesco (delivery?) and then found some more at Holland & Barrett in town.

Environment: it does not contain palm oil!

Nutrition: No protein. Contains water, coconut oil and starch as the main ingredients. Coconut oil has a lot of saturated fat, but I believe that's not so bad as previously thought when consumed in moderation....?

They have several different flavours:
Violife products

They're available in a lot of European countries + South Africa, Jordan and Israel:
Violife availability

this is great to know! i have a lot of people asking about cheese alternatives. thanks for this :)

BTW, everybody who has not yet tasted Vegusto ("No-Moo"), do yourself a favour and try it out!
Definitely my favourite of the pack.

And, if somebody in the US has had the possibility to try out Amy's cheeses, I would love to hear some feedback on that one.

I bought 2 packs at H&B in Reading and I must say that I find it much better than Sheese or Daiya. I regret not having
bought more packs as I really do like melted cheese on pizza and aubergine bake. Last night's pizza was so delicious that I
finished the leftovers for breakfast.:p

It melts beautifully and has a wonderful taste. It would fool anyone to believe that it is dairy and not vegan. I wonder why
it's not available in French shops ?

I wonder why it's not available in my local store? Ha ha. I can dream.

I would love to be able to make a decent macaroni cheese with stuff I can get from Tesco. The Vegusto(well some types) made good mac and cheese..Tesco sell:

Untitled.jpg

I'll have to try the soft cheese in mac&cheese....mac&cheese is about my favourite food....when I was a kid, it was potato cheese.

like leedsveg(on VB) said, it would be nice if all the slices were individually wrapped. Vegan cheese goes dry and cracked quite soon when packets are open.........still it was a good excuse to eat the lot, and it was lunchtime.
helps if you put it in a container so it doesn't dry out