Nutrition & Diet May Health Challenge

So I picked up a digital scale for home use. It seems quite certain that I'm down to 160 lbs, even though my last weigh in at work showed me at 164. So either I lost 4 lbs in 9 days (unlikely), or the two scales don't match up (more likely).

I'll have to remember at some point in the near future to weigh myself at home and at work within an hour or so of each other, just to see how the two scales compare. Our scale at work isn't available this week, though, because it's locked in the office of the person running the contest, who is on vacation (which is why we're skipping two weeks' worth of weigh ins).

--Fromper
:juggle:

It probably is the scales but could be just weight fluctuation; I read somewhere a person can vary up to 5 pounds in a day!

:ooal:
I am in for May :

Started my 30 day yoga challenge #5 days ago and this will carry on into May.

Drinking a glass of hot water with lemon juice when I wake up every morning.

To cut back on anything refined, caffeine and unnecessary sugar.

To get my cholestrol checked.

Do more meditation to help with stress levels.

OH, also going to do introduction to argetina tango and salsa... so that will also help with toning, flexibiliaty and muscle.

Losing motivation with yoga a little bit. When it's good, it's really good but when it's not, I just get really bored and frustrated. I need to start going to a class again I think.
:flower:

Yally, I think attending a class would be great for you, just different surrounding and maybe a bit of variaty. But think best is when you are losint motivation or get bored get back on that mat and just try to stay in the moment. But whatever you do, dont judge the journey or the progress.

I get a lot of ups and downs why I usually start something that I love and then stop when it really gets going but with yoga I am determinate not to do that.

Will def attend a class when I feel I need more motivation or feel slightly bored with my yoga routine.

Thanks love. I'm finding the 30 day challenge really good for my enthusiasm for it :)

I went rollerblading Sunday for the first time in a couple of years. Now that the weather has warmed up, I want to do that more often. I'll have to look around for good spots to go skating around me. I think the streets in my neighborhood should be good for it, unlike my sister's neighborhood where we were on Sunday, where half the streets we were on desperately need to be repaved. I was also told to go to the lake front, so I may have to experiment with finding good spots there.

I'm feeling it in my legs a little bit today, but I'm not nearly as sore as I expected to be. I guess all the walking I do to and from the train stations during my daily commute has left my legs in better shape than they used to be.

--Fromper

Reactions: PTree15
I'm happy that I got three days of weights in. It had been a few weeks since I did three. Had a very good workout week as well.
Fromper, I used to rollerblade all the time, but I haven't done it in ages. Might be time to bust out the blades!

Reactions: yally
Been in poor health the last few days. Have been fighting off a cold since Friday.

--Fromper

Is it just me or does May feel like a really long month??

Feel better Fromper!

Thanks, all. I still don't feel 100%, but I'm definitely doing better than I was over the weekend.

Weight loss contest at work ends tomorrow. Since we haven't had weigh ins the last two weeks, I have no idea how I've been doing. And while sick, I spent too much time at home, not moving around and eating. So I'm worried that I may have gained weight.

Either way, I'll probably stop dieting after tomorrow. I lost 13 lbs, which is pretty good, and I'm tired of having to be careful what I eat.

--Fromper

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
Glad you are doing better, and congrats on your total weight loss! Great job.
I had a killer treadmill workout this morning. Fifty minutes and I burned almost 500 calories. I have been upping the intensity of my workouts in preparation for my hiking trip to Oregon in three weeks. I want to fly up those mountains!

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
Regarding exercise, the fact that I'm walking roughly 35 minutes per day to and from the train stations for my commute to work every week day for the last 8 months means that I'm already exercising a lot more than I used to. But I'd like to start rollerblading and stuff regularly. I was actually a little afraid to start exercising seriously while dieting, because I tend to eat more to compensate for the calories burned when I exercise. So now that the diet's over and the warm weather is here, maybe I'll make a real effort to start exercising regularly starting in June.

--Fromper

Exercise has so many benefits, both for the body and the mind.
I lost half a pound this week. I was hoping for more, but I really shouldn't complain, as I'm down five pounds for the month! Goal met. I still got in only two days of weights this week, but I'm trying to rid myself of all-or-nothing thinking. Sometimes, I just won't do the weights if I can't get a full circuit in, but today, I actually did about three-quarters of what I usually do. So small steps. :D

Reactions: ledboots
Just had my final weigh in for our work contest, and I'm down to 160.4 lbs, from a starting weight of 177.6 in February. So I lost 17.2 lbs, or 9.68% of my total body weight, in 4 months. I'm pretty happy with that. In fact, that's almost exactly what I was shooting for when I entered this contest.

Actually, the real goal was that I knew I'd have to buy bigger pants or lose weight, and now those pants that were getting tight back in January are actually a little loose, so I no longer need new ones. :lol:

And as an added bonus, I probably won the contest in my office, though I won't know for sure until everyone has weighed in this morning, and they announce the results, probably later today. I think top prize is $400, which is a nice bonus.

--Fromper