Nutrition & Diet May Health Challenge

We're not that big a company, and it's mostly women. I think there are only 2 men in the contest, out of maybe 20 people.

--Fromper
:juggle:

Reactions: ledboots
Weigh in this week went ok, but not great. I lost .6 lbs, which doesn't quite make up for the .8 I gained last week. Currently at 164 lbs with 2 weeks left in the contest. I'm shooting for 161, as that's the border between "average" and "overweight" for my height, according to all the body mass index charts. I need to watch the snacking and resist temptation for two more weeks.

--Fromper

Weigh in this week went ok, but not great. I lost .6 lbs, which doesn't quite make up for the .8 I gained last week. Currently at 164 lbs with 2 weeks left in the contest. I'm shooting for 161, as that's the border between "average" and "overweight" for my height, according to all the body mass index charts. I need to watch the snacking and resist temptation for two more weeks.

--Fromper

You Can Do It! :starshower:

Reactions: PTree15
They've delayed the end of the contest by a week, so I have 3 weeks left, rather than 2. That gets us through the end of the month. If I can lose another 3-4 lbs in that time, I'll be happy. I'll also likely win the contest, though that's far from guaranteed.

--Fromper

Awesome, Fromper! Good luck with the contest.
Weigh-in was decent last week, down a couple of pounds, so I'm on track to hopefully lose four by the end of the month. I have some challenges coming up: concerts, which usually means beer :D. Soooo, I'm going to really pay attention to what I eat because I know I'm going to want a beer or two. Exercise is going pretty well cardio-wise, but last week was insane at work so I got in only one day of weights. I really have to pick that up some.

I think we may not have weigh ins for the next two weeks, because the woman in charge of it is away on vacation. Kinda sucks, because I like being able to track my progress. I really should buy a scale to keep at home.

--Fromper

I am doing better now; managed to drop that pound that found me last week. I did miss out on one day of walking when my grandkids came to spend the night. I think once I get rid of all the non-vegan Morningstar products and get back to vegan eating as in the past, the weight will come off. I will be eating much less processed food which should help.

Reactions: PTree15 and yally
I've been incredibly hungry the last few days, and I'm not sure why, but it's caused me to snack more than I want to while dieting. Not so much that it completely ruins my diet, but I was hoping to cut back a little more for the last 3 weeks of the diet, and that's just not happening.

I have no experience with dieting, but I'll add my £0.02 about avoiding hunger. For a couple of days I switched to cornflakes instead of oatmeal for breakfast, and I got incredibly hungry a long time before lunch. So the lesson is that oatmeal keeps you feeling full much longer, I suppose.

Oatmeal is incredibly easy to cook. I use the small ears one - just throw some in a coffee mug, add boiling hot water, let it sit for a few minutes. Then eat with a banana and your preferred plant milk.

No weigh in this morning, so I can't check my progress. :(

I really do need to buy a scale to keep at home. That way, I can track my own progress even when the contest ends in 2 weeks.

I bought a Weight Watchers scale for 24 bucks at Target. It's digital so it even shows when you've lost half a pound. :)

No scales for me. I'm really getting used to it which is crazy because I used to be on them multiple times a day. I've realised there's no point as I have built a LOT of muscle & must weigh much more. But I don't worry about what the scales say as long as I can fit in my clothes ;) weight really tells you nothing.

No scales for me. I'm really getting used to it which is crazy because I used to be on them multiple times a day. I've realised there's no point as I have built a LOT of muscle & must weigh much more. But I don't worry about what the scales say as long as I can fit in my clothes ;) weight really tells you nothing.

Yeah, I mean I don't want to **** on anyone's chips here but for me, I can't think about weight change as progress anymore. Progress for me is eating the rights things and being able to push my body to do things it couldn't before. Sorry, don't want to sound all holier than thou, we've all got our own lives to live :)

I am definitely curious about body fat percentage though! I understand it's really hard to get an accurate reading though?

Reactions: hungryraccoon
That's pretty much how I've been most of my life. If I needed to buy pants in a bigger weight size, I knew it was time to do more about watching what I eat. But this is the first time in my life that I'm making a really serious effort to trim down, so I'm paying more attention to my weight right now than usual. It's just short term, but I do want be able to check in on the scale once or twice per week to help judge my progress, even after our current contest at work ends in two weeks.

--Fromper

I have a digital scale and at first I was on it every day to the point of obsession. Now I only weigh once a week. But I think I need to SEE the progress; for others it may not be that way.

Yeah, I mean I don't want to **** on anyone's chips here but for me, I can't think about weight change as progress anymore. Progress for me is eating the rights things and being able to push my body to do things it couldn't before. Sorry, don't want to sound all holier than thou, we've all got our own lives to live :)

I am definitely curious about body fat percentage though! I understand it's really hard to get an accurate reading though?
I go by my clothes as well, but I still like seeing some change. :D. I only weigh in once a week, though.

So I picked up a digital scale for home use. It seems quite certain that I'm down to 160 lbs, even though my last weigh in at work showed me at 164. So either I lost 4 lbs in 9 days (unlikely), or the two scales don't match up (more likely).

I'll have to remember at some point in the near future to weigh myself at home and at work within an hour or so of each other, just to see how the two scales compare. Our scale at work isn't available this week, though, because it's locked in the office of the person running the contest, who is on vacation (which is why we're skipping two weeks' worth of weigh ins).

--Fromper