Nutrition & Diet May Health Challenge

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
May is almost here, so feel free to post your monthly summary in the April Health Challenge thread (if you so desire) and then post your new or continuing health challenge here.

My health challenge for May is simple: Walk 30 to 60 minutes around the block every day.

Wow it's May already! Finally feels like spring a bit :)

So, plans:

- continue eating well, smoothie for breakfast at least 5 days a week and at least 5 a day EVERY DAY

- yoga ( or similar) at least twice a week

- run at least twice a week (build up distance on Mondays) and start doing physiotherapy exercises again to help knee out

- try to get in a swim once a week

- get as much sunshine as possible

images

"Growing Old Is Not For Sissies"

Those are great!
I'm in for May as well.
Same goals: keep doing weights (actually, improve upon the frequency) three times a week;
Continue five-plus days of cardio;
Drink plenty of water (at least 48 ounces a day, more if I'm doing a big hike, etc.);
Continue making healthy food choices;
Lose 4 pounds.

One more thing that I'm going to do this month starting tomorrow (as having a beer as I write), no more booze til 10th June.

I walked for an hour this morning then walked around the grocery store too. I am going to try to eat less processed food as it is so high in sodium. I also am switching to the unsweetened almond milk which saves quite a few calories and I will get use to the flavor. I only use milk on cereal anyway. Baby steps which I hope will work!

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
One more thing that I'm going to do this month starting tomorrow (as having a beer as I write), no more booze til 10th June.
I must do the same. I indulged a bit over the weekend with vodka and cranberry juice (concerts, so I had to have at least one or two cocktails :D ), and I'm going on a mini vacation tomorrow, so I will really try to watch the excess. I don't want to undo all the hard work to date. I plan to work out every day I'm away, as the place I'm staying has a gym.

I've hurt my ankle & neck/upper back which is SO ANNOYING when trying to exercise.

Losing motivation with yoga a little bit. When it's good, it's really good but when it's not, I just get really bored and frustrated. I need to start going to a class again I think.

My weigh in last Friday didn't go well. I gained .8 lbs last week, which was my first gain since mid-February. Also, I gave in to temptation and snacked too much over the weekend. So I really need to make up for it this week, in the hopes of getting back down by this Friday.

Goals for the month: Our weight loss contest at work ends on Friday, May 24, I think. I'd like to lose 4 lbs more by then, from the point of last Friday's weigh in. That will be enough for my BMI to drop from overweight to average. Based on the standings so far, that will also be enough for me to win the contest, unless someone else has a surprisingly good month. Not sure what the prize is, exactly. I've gotten a few little gift cards for the weeks I've won so far.

--Fromper
:juggle:

Reactions: KLS52
My weigh in last Friday didn't go well. I gained .8 lbs last week, which was my first gain since mid-February. Also, I gave in to temptation and snacked too much over the weekend. So I really need to make up for it this week, in the hopes of getting back down by this Friday.

Goals for the month: Our weight loss contest at work ends on Friday, May 24, I think. I'd like to lose 4 lbs more by then, from the point of last Friday's weigh in. That will be enough for my BMI to drop from overweight to average. Based on the standings so far, that will also be enough for me to win the contest, unless someone else has a surprisingly good month. Not sure what the prize is, exactly. I've gotten a few little gift cards for the weeks I've won so far.

--Fromper
:juggle:
Do they have separate prizes for men and women? At my work, men won every time, so they started separating the prizes. :)