February Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The soup came out really nice so the carrots, onions, fresh coriander, salt and tamari are all 0 points.

I added two tea spoonfuls of gravy granules and a potato so I think that should be about 4 points. I had two bowls of soup.

I really do want to lose more weight this time. In a couple of months I was planning on going out to the part of London I grew up in and I was thinking about seeing any of the people I used to know/ date/ hate there. :eek::D

Reactions: Val
Another gripe…I hate having to feed another person when I'm trying to diet! :mad: I eat very differently when E's traveling, but when he's home and I'm cooking, I want to make sure I'm going to have the quantity and variety of food that are going to fill him up. And (because I do really love the guy) I try to make the meal tasty and something he's going to enjoy! which means I'll probably enjoy it too…:confused: (E does not cook at all - he's not comfortable with cooking and frankly, he just doesn't have the instincts for it.)

Fortunately, the number of family meals I actually cook are far less than they used to be. E usually travels a couple nights during the week (then I eat my Amy's Tamales!) and now that there are only the two if us, we eat out a lot on the weekends.

I was trying to think how I used to eat back then.

I think I would have toasted crumpets/toast for breakfast and then a smoothie about 11 and then a low calorie meal like a bowl of soup and a roll or salad and mock meat for lunch and then a normal dinner with lots of steamed veggies in the evening.

Eating 4 times a day so I didn't get that hungry. I used to drink a lot of green tea too.

That sounds like a well balanced and healthy meal plan. I also love crumpets but have never had them for breakfast.

WW seems totally different from when I did it, back in the day! Lots of foods are zero points, Quorn fillets and pieces, beans, lentils, tofu, smoked tofu, soya yoghurt, chickpeas. o_O

It seems a lot easier now, although I don't see how it works as you could just eat those foods and then have zero points in a day, doesn't make a lot of sense. :confused:Oh, well. I will see if it works for me.

I realised there is no point me starting it this week as I'm going out Friday night for dinner and probably lunch and dinner on Saturday so I'm not going to stick to points those days. I'm not paying good money to eat a salad in a restaurant. :D

I will start Sunday or Monday so the March challenge is to lose 8 pounds that month.

Status
Not open for further replies.