Vegan from Africa

Oluwamuyiwa

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all,

I am Cyril from Lagos, Nigeria.

Started my vegan journey last year and its been enlightening. I have to admit it's a bit challenging given my location, but being conscious of my diet has improved my health greatly.

Looking forward to sharing my progress and thoughts with y'all.

Peace & love

welcome to the forum Cyril

I enjoyed your story that you told in another thread and look forward to more of your contributions here.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Hi Emma,

Thank you for the kind words, never knew there was a vegan forum out here, this would help greatly as we all can share our journey, and motivate one another.

I look forward to sharing more from the little I know, and hope to see more Africans embrace veganism as a lifestyle.

Peace & Love
Cyril

Hi Cyril. Nice to meet you. I work alongside a Nigerian but he is sadly a big meat lover. We do get along really well though.
Hi Brian,

Hahaha, like I said in a previous thread, being vegan is a foreign phenomenon to a Nigerian. Can't blame my fellow Nigerian brother, meat eating is ingrained within us.

I am glad you are both getting along fine.

Peace & Love
Cyril

Reactions: Brian W
Hi Brian & Cyril... ahahah I know it very well, also in Italy meat is everywhere in Italian cuisine!!! :)
Hahaha, what can we do then!

I guess we just stick to our plan and try to educate people when we can. Not in an annoying manner, but in an intellectual dialogue sprinkled with love.

Any vegan Italian restaurant?

• Agree
Reactions: Blues and Brian W
Hahaha, what can we do then!

I guess we just stick to our plan and try to educate people when we can. Not in an annoying manner, but in an intellectual dialogue sprinkled with love.

Any vegan Italian restaurant?
Ahaaha sometimes it's a bit hard because there are too many people here for whom the traditions of our country are more important than everything else, but I totally agree with you, my friend! Dialogue is the way, listening every opinion and trying to explain every point of view.
Here in Milan there is a few Vegan Restaurants , but I have to say that every year their number is increasing :)

Reactions: Oluwamuyiwa
It's good to know that many vegan restaurants are springing up over there, wish I could say the same for here.

But we must keep up a peaceful dialogue, and I am glad you agree with me. The world needs to be told the truth, but only in love.

Cyril

Hi Cyril, nice to see it spreading so much world-wide.
I am not here much, but I hope you enjoy your stay dude!

Reactions: Oluwamuyiwa
Hi Cyril, nice to see it spreading so much world-wide.
I am not here much, but I hope you enjoy your stay dude!
Thanks for the kind words, glad it's spreading too, patience is the key, with time the whole world would see why its important to protect our neighbors the animals, and love them more than we love our taste buds. Lol.

Looking forward to a wholesome experience on here.

Reactions: g0rph