February Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been looking into the vegan keto diet. It seems crazy but even if I don’t follow it to a T, I like the idea of cutting down on the carbs and gluten. There are some interesting recipes out there. I’m getting a cookbook for my birthday in two weeks. :D

I’ve already purchased some gluten free flours and a variety of nuts, flax and chia. I still need to get some seeds like pumpkin and sunflower.

Gotta say, this bread seems bizarre but I want it, lol.

I've been using an assisted pullup machine, since I'm not strong enough to do a regular pullup. Last night I was able to pullup half my body weight. :)

Oh, and I did the farmer's walk with 35-pound dumbbells for 143 meters (length of the running track). My goal is to surpass 40 pounds. Once that happens, I'll be able to take dumbbells from the "big boy" weight rack, as I like to call it. That's the one with the heavier dumbbells that only really built guys use. Well, there's the occasional woman who lifts heavier weights, but I don't see them often.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking into the vegan keto diet. It seems crazy but even if I don’t follow it to a T, I like the idea of cutting down on the carbs and gluten. There are some interesting recipes out there. I’m getting a cookbook for my birthday in two weeks. :D

I’ve already purchased some gluten free flours and a variety of nuts, flax and chia. I still need to get some seeds like pumpkin and sunflower.

Gotta say, this bread seems bizarre but I want it, lol.

Did you make it ? It must be very dense in texture.

Not yet. But I did buy some seeds so I’m getting closer!

I need psyllium.

Reactions: Val
I missed my usual Thursday-night workout this week. Hopefully I can get my butt to the gym tonight to make up for it.

Today I'm going to try making a smoothie bowl, using the recipe from this youtube video. This guy is a vegan bodybuilder, and he's Canadian!! Also, he's a nutritionist, so I trust his advice.

And sometimes he takes his shirt off in his videos. :weird:

I have lost 14 pounds since December last year. I have had this annoying, ongoing sinus/ear infection the past few months (!) so haven't managed to do any exercise apart from walking.

I feel better now luckily and the weather is getting a bit warmer as well.:)

Reactions: Chryssie
Congrats on the weight loss and feeling better now, @Moll Flanders. It's nice to see you again! I hope the sinus mess clears up soon.

Reactions: Val
I want psyllium too, even though I don't know what it is. :p I'm curious.

@Moll Flanders Congrats on the weight loss! I've heard that walking can work really well because it doesn't stimulate appetite like hardcore cardio does. So it's easier to stick to a diet. I'm planning to start walking more, too.

I made myself go to the gym last night, and I pushed myself really hard. Before going, I prepped some snacks (two kinds of dip, raw veggies). I like coming home to a hot shower, the couch, and a bunch of yummy food. It's good motivation!

Reactions: Chryssie
Lol @ psyllium. I think it’s fiber. I need it to make the vegan keto seed bread lol.

Reactions: Katrina
Thanks guys!:hugs:

I have thought about taking psyllium too, funnily enough.

I have been seeing a doctor trained in Chinese medicine. I have been having acupressure and reflexology/deep tissue foot massage. There are places on the feet that are supposed to correspond with any health issues you have in your body.

I have only had a few sessions but I was surprised how much the treatments hurt. The guy is small and slim and I was shocked how strong his hands are. When I told him that I was having sinus problems he pressed a part of my jaw and said "Hurt here?" I was like "Yes, why are you trying to hurt me so much?" lol. He doesn't speak very good English so he didn't understand me.:lol:

My sinus problems have improved dramatically since I started seeing him. The sessions are supposed to hurt less and less as your body responds to the treatment.:)

Reactions: KLS52
Interesting about the pressure points. I was sick after the holidays and I was googling for home remedies. I came across a YouTube video that showed the pressure points that relieve pressure/pain and it worked!

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
I've had this ear/ sinus problem since about 2014. I had to go to the GP and to the hospital multiple times and they kept saying they didn't know what was wrong with me! Useless.

I'm really glad I found something that worked.:) I have about 12 sessions with the Chinese doctor booked for each week and then I will just go once a month from then on.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I've had this ear/ sinus problem since about 2014. I had to go to the GP and to the hospital multiple times and they kept saying they didn't know what was wrong with me! Useless.

I'm really glad I found something that worked.:) I have about 12 sessions with the Chinese doctor booked for each week and then I will just go once a month from then on.

Is it very expensive ?

I asked for a discount as I was booking so many sessions in a row with the Chinese herbalist and they gave me a really good deal. I can also keep the receipts and claim the money back from my husband's work scheme.:up:

You are a star. Good for you, Molls.

Status
Not open for further replies.