February Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been eating really well for the last week and today I'm struggling!
I want pizza hut
and I don't want to cook....

I finally got my lazy butt on the treadmill that has been sitting unused for months! I have a smart TV in the bedroom so I can watch while I walk. I walked for 55 minutes while watching a show on Crackle which is a series so now I have to walk to watch it! Still eating junk but doing better keeping track of the calories.

This is more of a "money challenge",- not a "health challenge", but still... I'm so glad that this month i could afford a tiny pack of "Gliatilin" pills (choline alfoscerate). It is really worth it.:apple:
I'd began feeling some signs of bad dizziness,- the one that i'd had last year, during my cerebellar ataxia exacerbation. So i decided i needed to spend some money on a useful thing. And now that i've eaten 4 pills,- i feel the difference. One may not believe me and think (as many doctors think) that i'm pretending, but only 2(!) pills is the amount, after which i started feeling better when i had a horrible ataxia last year. I was so happy then, that my acquaintances had shared this "knowledge" with me long ago.:innocent: I'm hoping to buy one more pack, if i ever get a lump sum with my wages.:sheep:

I did a workout last night with battle ropes. Wow. I could hardly breathe after the second round! I've decided to take extra time resting between sets. I feel like so many of these "beginner" workouts I find online are unrealistic: work hard for 1 minute, rest for 1 minute. Repeat 5 times without dying!! hahahaha yeah right. I need to rest for at least 2 minutes.

And the weird thing is that I expected it to work my arms, but it's my upper back that feels sore today. Hmm.

I have done quite excellently this past week on getting in the walking habit. I have walked every single day since last Sunday! Sunday I walked 55 minutes which was really too much so I am now walking 30-32 minutes a day. I watch a 30 minute TV show while I walk. I am also doing my weights and squats every evening at bedtime.
Still eating too much though.

I have done quite excellently this past week on getting in the walking habit. I have walked every single day since last Sunday! Sunday I walked 55 minutes which was really too much so I am now walking 30-32 minutes a day. I watch a 30 minute TV show while I walk. I am also doing my weights and squats every evening at bedtime.
Still eating too much though.

Keep it up.:up:

I had to really force myself onto that treadmill, but now I feel compelled to do it! It helps that I can watch TV while I walk. I like walking outside too but I don't like walking around my neighborhood so have to drive somewhere like a park. I got the treadmill so I would have no excuse!

I can’t do the treadmill. I get so bored after 10 minutes. Watching tv or reading doesn’t help. You’re lucky that it works for you! I ended up getting rid of our treadmill because I just wouldn’t use it.

I don’t think I’ll be in any routine just yet, especially if it snows tonight. I think it will be another month before I can really get into it.

I don't mind the treadmill at all. I can listen to music too but watching TV makes the time go by faster. I agree it can be boring! I like walking outside but the weather is unpredictable and it gets too hot so I wanted the treadmill. I just hope it doesn't break on me since Jeremy pounded the hell out of it when he was running on it!
Time for bed now! Work in the AM.

Reactions: KLS52
Well done on the exercise you two.:)

I have another session of reflexology this afternoon. I hope it's the woman doctor again as she is more gentle than the man. :D

I want to go to the GP first to get a print out of my latest blood tests as the receptionists were being their usual helpful selves on the phone.:rolleyes:

Dang, it's hard to commit to exercise in February! I hope to walk this afternoon, but the next few days are going to be rainy/snowy so I may not get to be outside. Fortunately, E is going to be traveling, so I can march up and down my three floors for exercise if I get desperate. Its boring, and I have to be careful not to step on any dogs, but I have a lot of steps! :p

Dang, it's hard to commit to exercise in February! I hope to walk this afternoon, but the next few days are going to be rainy/snowy so I may not get to be outside. Fortunately, E is going to be traveling, so I can march up and down my three floors for exercise if I get desperate. Its boring, and I have to be careful not to step on any dogs, but I have a lot of steps! :p
Lol, I’ve done that with just my basement stairs! I set a timer for every 30 minutes when I’m desperate and in a particularly slug mode, hahahahaha.

Kind of like today.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I've been feeling odd since I had reflexology yesterday. I felt like I had a lot of pressure on the left side of my head in the place I used to get chronic migraines. Today I feel all jittery like I've had a lot of caffeine. I haven't had anything apart from one cup of green tea yesterday! I know you can experience what is called a "healing crisis" after treatment.

It hasn't been this bad before.:dizzy:

Oh well, I did want to lose more weight before the gig tomorrow but I haven't. At least I haven't gained any weight back.:D

I've been feeling odd since I had reflexology yesterday. I felt like I had a lot of pressure on the left side of my head in the place I used to get chronic migraines. Today I feel all jittery like I've had a lot of caffeine. I haven't had anything apart from one cup of green tea yesterday! I know you can experience what is called a "healing crisis" after treatment.

It hasn't been this bad before.:dizzy:

Oh well, I did want to lose more weight before the gig tomorrow but I haven't. At least I haven't gained any weight back.:D

Yes, this also happens after having an acupuncture and osteopathy session. When I have the latter, I make sure that I don't do anything strenuous the following day.

Yes, this also happens after having an acupuncture and osteopathy session. When I have the latter, I make sure that I don't do anything strenuous the following day.

Oh, that is interesting.:)

Yeah, I'm not doing anything too strenuous today. I got up at 10.30 and made myself some cheeze on toast and I'm about to have a bubble bath.:zen:

Reactions: Val
I had acupuncture yesterday for the lower back pain I've been having for the last couple of years on and off. I'm surprised at how much relief I feel today. :) The last time I did acupuncture was for the arthritis in the bases of my thumbs, and it took several sessions before I felt any improvement. Fortunately the relief has lasted quite a long time. I'm a big acupuncture fan.

Monte also did moving cupping on my hips and lower back yesterday. It was the first time I'd had any cupping and it was almost uncomfortable. He says it pulls deep inflammation out of tissue and gosh, although it was uncomfortable (acupuncture itself is not at all) I really feel better today.

I go back on Thursday for another session. I'm trying to improve my back before two trips to NYC next month which will require a lot of standing and walking.

I managed to get another walk in today, despite it being bitter cold and windy. I thought my ears were going to fall off!

Status
Not open for further replies.