Deal breakers in relationships

Watches Big Bang Theory.

Good luck with that. Everyone seems to be obsessed with BBT.

The biggest one would probably be someone wanting children. I definitely don't want them, I wouldn't want someone to feel like they were compromising or missing out by not having them, and I definitely wouldn't want someone to stay with me and just hope that I would change my mind. Or worse, try and convince me to change my mind.

Same here or if they already have children. I like kids, but I cannot emotionally deal with raising them.

Reactions: sequoia
Same here or if they already have children. I like kids, but I cannot emotionally deal with raising them.

I like kids, I thoroughly enjoyed raising my kids, I just couldn't deal with raising someone else's kid and all the additional family drama that would ensue, half siblings for your kids, visitation weekends/joint custody for your step kids, potential emotional drama between spouse and her former spouse/baby daddy, child support issues, etc., etc., etc. I know lots and lots of people deal with these issues, I'm not just cut out for it. Then you have the his kids, her kids and their kids families, I'd be a basket case... not worth it.

Reactions: thefadedone
Guys, you do know it goes the other way, too, right? I don't watch The Big Bang Theory. So that might be a dealbreaker for someone obsessed with the show. And the fact that I don't drive a Porsche, also might be a dealbreaker for someone. :p

Another dealbreaker for me is someone who hates Los Angeles and is always putting the place down and talking about leaving. I was born and raised here and love my hometown and would like to be in a relationship with someone who feels the same way about LA, even if they're not a native of the city. I'm wondering, is this civic pride something that others are concerned about in a relationship?

Reactions: Freesia
You just have to move to a country that allows you to be married to more than one! :D

Another dealbreaker for me is someone who hates Los Angeles and is always putting the place down and talking about leaving. I was born and raised here and love my hometown and would like to be in a relationship with someone who feels the same way about LA, even if they're not a native of the city. I'm wondering, is this civic pride something that others are concerned about in a relationship?

I was one of those people. Born and raised in the San Fernando Valley and I hated it. Couldn't wait to leave. Someone talked me into a cross country camping trip which ended in Arkansas. After being stuck there for almost a year, I escaped back to California. When I crossed the LA County line, it took all my will power not to pull over, get out and kiss the ground. :p Thank you Arkansas, for completely killing the urge to ever leave SoCal again.

Reactions: Amy SF
Hmmm, for me, I couldn't date a smoker, mostly because I'm allergic (I am pretty sure, anyway). My eyes burn whenever I'm around smokers and I get wicked wheezy the next day. It feels like a bad allergy attack.
I also can't abide dishonesty. Don't lie. I'm a big girl and I can deal with whatever it was you did to want to lie, but don't friggen lie...end of story. :D Lack of trust erodes so much in a relationship.
I also couldn't really be with someone deeply religious because I'm just not into organized religion.

I also don't think I could handle young kids. I grew up in a blended family, and for the most part, we all get along pretty well. But yes, there is also drama specific to such situations, and at my age (also not having had children) I don't think I could handle it well. :D I am an awesome auntie, though!

I don't expect to find another partner (I'm old, lol), so I don't concern myself too much with it. If it happens, great; if not, I'm going to have fun no matter what! I always do, lol. :D

Reactions: Freesia and sequoia
I also can't abide dishonesty. Don't lie. I'm a big girl and I can deal with whatever it was you did to want to lie, but don't friggen lie...end of story. :D Lack of trust erodes so much in a relationship.

This. So much. Two people are supposed to be equal partners in a relationship, so I'd expect both of us to be open and honest with each other.

Reactions: PTree15
Guys, you do know it goes the other way, too, right? I don't watch The Big Bang Theory. So that might be a dealbreaker for someone obsessed with the show. And the fact that I don't drive a Porsche, also might be a dealbreaker for someone. :p

Regarding the LA thing: I have lived in San Diego my whole life (better than LA, obv), but my husband is from Portland, OR. He HATES it here and can't wait to move back up there, and of course I'm moving too because I'm not so fond of Southern California in general and was planning on going there before we even met. But for some reason it does irk me just a little when he puts this city down. I don't know why. I'm not proud to be from here or anything and I don't really feel any sense of loyalty to it. But when he says something negative about San Diego I feel the need to point out the good things about it. It's not a dealbreaker for sure, and it's not even something we argue about, but I get where you're coming from.

It is my favourite place in the world.

215-i-love-LA.gif

Reactions: Freesia and Amy SF
:p

I wish I felt the same about my home territory. I would happily go live somewhere else.

I hate all big cities equally, lol. I don't mind visiting them and enjoying/appreciating what they have to offer but I think I'd become seriously depressed living in a congested area. Biggest place I lived in had 60k peeps in the middle of nowhere, literally, the edge of town were wheat fields and it had more people than I liked being around.

Reactions: Freesia
So you guys want them to own a porsche or no?

I went on a date with a guy who owned a porsche. I was set up with him by friends, I didnt want to go out with him at all, he was not my type. Anyway he drove really fast in the lane that had the concrete barrier right next to it which really unnerved me.

And he was really anal and picky about whether I was getting his porsche dirty or not. All in all it was not fun. I wasnt allowed to eat anything or drink out of a wine bottle in the porsche and i had to leave my wine behind.

Reactions: sequoia