Deal breakers in relationships

Must be a Porsche owner thing..CG is so worried about dead skin cells on the upholstery of his convertible that I have to ride on the roof rack o_O

Just one tinsy-winsy thing here ...

Dead skin cells are entirely what the upholstery is made of!

You get extra fresh air riding on the roof rack anyway.

Ladies, NEVER date a man who's car is prettier than you.

This ^ doesn't apply in your case, my sweet.

Even whilst merely basking in the light of your radiant beauty even a Porsche seems no more attractive than a sceptic carbunkle on an unwiped donkey's bottom.

:master:

I can't fit two GSD in to a porsche with good safity for them, so a really fancy SUV with good space for my dogs are much better! :D

Lol I have a volvo station wagon (because I'm so cool) for my pups, who are also large breeds. I'd like to have a smaller car but having fur babies makes that kinda hard...

Jealous of your GSDs. They are great dogs. My parents had them when I was a kid and they were wonderful.

Lol I have a volvo station wagon (because I'm so cool) for my pups, who are also large breeds. I'd like to have a smaller car but having fur babies makes that kinda hard...

Jealous of your GSDs. They are great dogs. My parents had them when I was a kid and they were wonderful.

I have a Volkswagen Touran for my girls. And it is really for them, since the only reason that I have a car, is that I have dogs.

But if I met a girl with a Porsche, and she told me quickly she would trade it for a SUV so my dogs could have a place in the car! Then I had known it was true love. :p

Just one tinsy-winsy thing

Dead skin cells are entirely what the upholstery is made of!

You get extra fresh air riding on the roof rack anyway.

This ^ doesn't apply in your case, my sweet.

Even whilst merely basking in the light of your radiant beauty even a Porsche seems no more attractive than a sceptic carbunkle on an unwiped donkey's bottom.

:master:

ahh...I see.

I must say I was a bit offended when you suggested I wear a dustbin bag over my head when we were out but now I see it was only so that I did not eclipse the beauty of the car :woo:

I have entirely too many deal breakers which is probably while I shall remain single. I wouldn't mind a night out in a Porsche, however.

Reactions: Freesia
most of my dealbreakers come from things that went wrong in past relationships.

- flakiness/undependable

- when faced with a problem, their immediate response is to ask someone to help them. I don't like that. I want to be with someone who knows how to fix things or at least is willing to TRY to fix it himself before asking for help. He needs to be a good problem-solver. I don't want to be stuck fixing things by myself all the time. I want someone who can stand beside me while we work together.

- smoker or ex-smoker (I'm sorry, but it doesn't usually last).

- insensitive

- lies to me right away about something that I find out about later. It doesn't matter how much I like him. If this happens with another guy, I need to dump him. If a guy lies about something small, what else does he lie about?

- lies to me right away about something that I find out about later. It doesn't matter how much I like him. If this happens with another guy, I need to dump him. If a guy lies about something small, what else does he lie about?

I forgot about this. Lying is an immediate deal breaker, no matter what the excuse for it is.

- when faced with a problem, their immediate response is to ask someone to help them. I don't like that. I want to be with someone who knows how to fix things or at least is willing to TRY to fix it himself before asking for help. He needs to be a good problem-solver. I don't want to be stuck fixing things by myself all the time. I want someone who can stand beside me while we work together.

Women who think that men should be able to fix anything, cars and other machinery, plumbing, electrical, etc, as if it's a prerequisite for being a man, or part of our DNA.

I can fix your finances and your computer, minor household repairs and general car maintenance. Anything major, you'll have to look through the yellow pages...:p

Women who think that men should be able to fix anything, cars and other machinery, plumbing, electrical, etc, as if it's a prerequisite for being a man, or part of our DNA.

I can fix your finances and your computer, minor household repairs and general car maintenance. Anything major, you'll have to look through the yellow pages...:p

I would be happy with a man who can do those things. It was my ex who ****** me off by asking for my help, taking it, and giving nothing back. He would just say "I don't know" and sit there watching TV whenever I asked him to help me with something.

I've never seen Big Bang Theory and I have no civic pride. I figure my city has as many good and bad things as any other city *shrug*.

I dated a smoker but he had to quit before I would consider marrying him.

I'm not into kids. I broke up an otherwise happy, marriage-bound relationship with an amazing, amazing person because he wanted kids and I knew neither of us would be happy in the long run. (It was tough for awhile. Now he's married with a toddler and an infant, I'm married to an amazing person who also doesn't want kids.)

Plus the usual suspects of lying, being abusive, etc.

Reactions: thefadedone
Must eat salad or will not date. :weird:

Or just extremely unhealthy eaters in general. It is hard for me as a gluten free mostly vegan person as it is, and eventually living with someone who doesn't like at least some vegetables/healthy foods scares me.

Some deal breakers for me are someone who doesn't respect my choice to be vegetarian (well that one is kind of "duh"... but it has unfortunately happened in the past before where someone has said they were completely okay with it, but it turns out, they were not), doesn't want kids/not family oriented, someone who smokes/does drugs, or drinks far more often than just social occasions/more than 1 drink a day on a regular basis, is too religious (I'm all for it, but I just know someone who is very involved in a church would not mesh well with me), is arrogant, isn't physically active (I am okay with some lazy days but for the most part I like someone who can at least take a walk around the neighbourhood with me)..

Another good one is avoiding any potential conflict (ie making it impossible for the other person to say anything potentially negative about the other person's actions by for example, purposely avoiding talking about anything serious/relationship-esque), which turns into escalating something so minor into something major and causing a big fight that was completely unnecessary. Anyone who can't practice open and honest communication with their previous partner(s) needs to do some reflection before considering a new relationship.

Last edited:
Or just extremely unhealthy eaters in general. It is hard for me as a gluten free mostly vegan person as it is, and eventually living with someone who doesn't like at least some vegetables/healthy foods scares me.

My last ex was like this. He ate fast food for every meal. He wouldn't touch a vegetable or piece of fruit except for the occasional banana. Breakfast was either Wendys or McD's, lunch was the disgustingly unhealthy food from the restaurant he worked at, and dinner was a medium pepperoni pizza. There were some rare occasions when he would go to the grocery store to get some sugary cereal, milk, white bread, and bologna. Cereal and bologna sandwiches were his only staple foods that were "homemade".:rolleyes:

It wasn't a deal breaker. It did bother me , but on the plus side I didn't have to worry about him eating up any of my food. I do enjoy cooking so it kind of sucked just cooking for myself, but at the same time it was nice not to have to cook when I didn't feel like it.