Package Exchange Christmas Exchange Ideas

Matching up beginning of November sounds like a plan to me! I am really going to try and think of something I can make without screwing it up. :p

But if that fails I found a store not too far away that had some neat items from local crafters.

Matching up beginning of November sounds like a plan to me! I am really going to try and think of something I can make without screwing it up. :p

But if that fails I found a store not too far away that had some neat items from local crafters.

I have a feeling the craft sign up is going to be HUGE!:yes::D

SO... getting ready to set the wheels in motion. Need a bit more input: The only rule as far as the crafty swap goes will be that the gift is home/handmade (by you or another). What sort of dollar amount are we looking to spend? Would it be OK if the sender/receiver would enjoy something "Christmas-y"?
Do we want a specific " sent by "date as in the past, or should we just say packages should be received by say, mid December (for both crafty and non)?
Let me know what you think.

SO... getting ready to set the wheels in motion. Need a bit more input: The only rule as far as the crafty swap goes will be that the gift is home/handmade (by you or another). What sort of dollar amount are we looking to spend? Would it be OK if the sender/receiver would enjoy something "Christmas-y"?
Do we want a specific " sent by "date as in the past, or should we just say packages should be received by say, mid December (for both crafty and non)?
Let me know what you think.

My opinions:
I think that's fine as the only rule for a crafty swap :)
For the other swap, I think the past limits (around $20 if I'm not mistaken?) would work
I think whether it is Christmas-themed should be up to the sender (and determined through the Q&A thread)
And as for a date, I think aim to have it there by Christmas. It might miss the mark a little, Christmas post is notoriously tricky, but hopefully the majority will arrive on time so we have something else to open on the day :)

Reactions: GingerFoxx
My opinions:
For the other swap, I think the past limits (around $20 if I'm not mistaken?) would work
I think whether it is Christmas-themed should be up to the sender (and determined through the Q&A thread)
And as for a date, I think aim to have it there by Christmas. It might miss the mark a little, Christmas post is notoriously tricky, but hopefully the majority will arrive on time so we have something else to open on the day :)

Sounds like a winning plan. I would like to have things up and running by Monday.:up:

Reactions: thefadedone
Ah I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I liked the idea of one swap but with craft and anything and everything options, although I appreciate that might be tricky to organise.

I liked most of this (below)... except the date, I think a week or so before Christmas would be nicer. I guess just because I have lots going on at Christmas and it might get a bit lost in all the other things going on if it arrived around then... but if it was a week or so before Christmas I think I'd be more excited and spend all day pawing over it like last time I was in an exchange! I was excited about it all day long looking at all the stuff and deciding when to try it all... but it's not crucial, just a personal thought.

My opinions: