Package Exchange The Summer Exchange - Sign Up

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Time for some summer fun! Let's do this!
f0912328335c38999b0373b4f48de7f0.jpg

The First Annual Summertime Drink Holder and Goodies Exchange.

First and foremost, a few guidelines:
In order to participate there are a few requirements:

*Joined VV prior to the post of this thread, and have made at least 20 posts.If you've successfully sent a box in
past vegan exchanges, then you will be exempt from this requirement. If you're close to meeting the requirements, please do send me a PM ;maybe we can work something out.

* Due to difficulties in past exchanges, if you failed to send a box in a previous swap,participation is prohibited. It's unfair and disappointing to the others.

* If for some reason you do not receive a box, I'm here to help. Please pm me asap and we'll work something out.While we don't want anyone left empty handed, mods are not responsible for compensating your loss.

*If you're under 18, please get your parents' permission first.

*PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF DIFFICULTIES WITH MAILING YOUR BOX! We're aiming to have 3 or 4 exchanges a year, so you'll have another chance to participate.

*It's not necessary to be a vegan to participate in the exchange, but any item sent must be vegan.

*A cap of $15-20 total (USD), not including shipping is suggested. Homemade items are welcome too..don't feel that you can't participate if this is too steep for you. Please note that shipping internationally can easily be $25 or more in itself. If you are concerned about this, please request someone within your own country.

* You will select an inexpensive eco friendly drink holder and along with treats of your choosing or per your recipient's answers from the Q&A thread which will be started shortly after matches are received.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, if all this sounds good to you, join in the fun by sending a PM to sallyomally including the following information:

*Your VV name

*your real name

*your address

*whether you are willing and/or prefer to ship internationally

PLEASE NOTE: If you participated in the spring exchange, there is no need to send your info again, unless there has been a change. A quick pm to let me know you wish to join in will do.

IMPORTANT DATES::wave:

Last day to sign up: Friday, July 1123:laptop:

Matches received by: Sunday, July 13

Boxes should be received by: Saturday, August 23 (earlier is fine, of course)

Alrighty then! I'm excited to begin the fun!

Last edited:
I am still debating since I had such a disaster with the last exchange I did. I think I'll jump on this one, but I want to make sure I've had coffee first. No rash decisions before morning coffee.

Am I the only one who sends a package with a return receipt/signature requested? My 'second' delivery didn't make it to the recipient and I am wondering if I shouldn't bother with asking for a signature...causes a problem if the person works all day. Let me know your thoughts. :)

Am I the only one who sends a package with a return receipt/signature requested? My 'second' delivery didn't make it to the recipient and I am wondering if I shouldn't bother with asking for a signature...causes a problem if the person works all day. Let me know your thoughts. :)
It's crazy but thankfully rare for stuff to get lost in the mail. I remember my brother sending a birthday gift to my dad which never arrived. I usually send with return receipt and tracking, but have done it the other way as well. So far, so good.

Last edited:
This sounds so fun....gah...have to skip this time though. The kitty's vet bills on this month got me broke.

Last edited:
It's crazy but thankfully rare for stuff to get lost in the mail. I remember my brother sending a birthday gift to my dad which never arrived. I usually send with return receipt and tracking, but have done it the other way as well. So far, so good.

I posted a parcel to Utah, whilst I was in the LA area. I asked for tracking and the postmaster said that I would get $ 50 in the event of the parcel getting lost.