Package Exchange It's the Christmakwanzahanayulesantahappynewyear Gift Giving Extravangaza!

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Welcome, VVers, far and near....
It's our favorite time of year!
Time to mail a box of treats.
Something crafty?
Something good to eat?
To someone special and far away,
bringing joy on Christmas Day ( or hanukah, kwanzaa,Yule,New Year's Day.. you get my drift).

Rules are the same as past exchanges:

:clp:
Requirements for signing up are:

*Joined VV prior to the post of this thread, and have made at least 20 posts.If you've successfully sent a box in Secret Santa or past vegan exchanges, then you will be exempt from this requirement. If you're close to meeting the requirements, please do send me a PM ;maybe we can work something out.

*If you have failed to send a package in a previous exchange, please PM me before signing up.

*If you're under 18, please get your parents' permission first.

*Please do not sign up if you know you won't be able to send a package. We're aiming to have 3 or 4 exchanges a year, so you'll have another chance to participate.

*It's not necessary to be a vegan to participate in the exchange, but any item sent must be vegan.

*A cap of$ 20 total (USD), not including shipping is suggested. Don't feel that you can't participate if this is too steep for you. Please note that shipping internationally can easily be $25 or more in itself. If you are concerned about this, please request someone within your own country.

Please PM sallyomally with the following information if you are ready to join in!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Your VV name

*your real name

*your complete address

* whether you wish to exchange or receive hand/homemade (anything made by you or purchased as long
as it fits into this category),other (for those who fall into the not-so-crafty category), or either

*whether you are willing and/or prefer to ship internationally.

*any particular dislikes, food allergies, and so forth

*anyone with whom you do not wish to be paired (for instance, someone you've exchanged with in the past)

If you participated in the fall exchange, there's no need to provide your address (so long as there have been no changes)- that info is still in my message box.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Last day to sign up: Sunday, November 24
Matches received by: Wednesday, November 27
Packages received between: Tuesday,December 24- Saturday, January 25

Let the merriment begin!:pa::apple::tomato::broccoli::rp::mango:

Last edited:
I'm in! :wave: I'm glad there is an extended deadline for receipt of packages since we just had the fall exchange and I'm not yet ready to dive right into the next one. And by the way, Chanukah comes super early this year. The first night is November 27th, right before Thanksgiving. So anyone sending Chanukah gifts will be sending them belatedly. :p

Reactions: sallyomally
Packages received by: Tuesday,December 24- Saturday, January 25

Did you mean to give us a whole month there?

Either way, I am super in.

Yep, this is the winter exchange. Because we just had the fall/autumn exchange and people are very busy this time of year, having to rush through another exchange with a Christmas deadline isn't possible for everyone. So if you can't get your package sent out until after New Year's Day, that's fine.

Yep, this is the winter exchange. Because we just had the fall/autumn exchange and people are very busy this time of year, having to rush through another exchange with a Christmas deadline isn't possible for everyone. So if you can't get your package sent out until after New Year's Day, that's fine.

Yeah, I understood the reason for the January date, it just looks a little confusing to have a whole month as a deadline if that makes sense? Like, it might be more clear to say 'received between' rather than 'received by'...

Reactions: sallyomally
Alrighty all you "on the fence" people.. the deadline has been extended to November 26, so come on over! Last chance to sign up! Don't miss out on the merry making!

Folks,please forgive me. I did not realize Nov 27 would be Thanksgiving cooking and cleaning time-hence no matches made today. I promise to have them up by tomorrow evening or no later than Friday. Thanks for your patience!

i am still starting to look for mine planning on going shopping friday for a few people and look for some deals on Vegan friendly Christmas/winter stuff...

So.. how's everyone doing with their exchange questions and answers? Have all of you asked /answered your matches? Note to my sender- I'm perfectly happy with after Christmas sales stuff. Not a problem. A bargain's a bargain!