Package Exchange Christmas Exchange Ideas

I am ok with either one I am working on simple homemade gifts this year and I will be visiting my local craft stores in weeks to come. I would like to have more Vegan things.

Reactions: sallyomally
That's why I specified in my suggestion that for those who are not crafty, it would be equally acceptable to send something that a friend or family member made, or failing that, something from a local artisan. This time of year, most areas have holiday craft fairs selling jewelry/artwork/needlecrafts etc. Another option would be a locally made candle, or jam, or anything unique to your area. I thought it would be cool to support our local artists, particularly for those who lack the skills themselves.

I suppose so but around here handmade stuff is very expensive. If there was the same limit as the last exchange then I probably would have only been able to send one thing and not a bag (the cheapest handmade bag I found in my town was £12 and the money limit was £8 to £9 depending on the currency exchange). Local handmade stuff just isn't cheap around here.

I like the idea of a combined exchange where people specify which kind they will send/want to receive but that would be a lot of work for our Sally :p

Two seems like the fairest idea.

I like the idea of a combined exchange where people specify which kind they will send/want to receive but that would be a lot of work for our Sally :p

Two seems like the fairest idea.

I thought that by 'two' we were talking about a combined one... Same deadlines, same Q&A thread, posting in the same picture thread, just specify which one in the sign-up PM. But obviously the logistics are down to ms. omally

I thought that by 'two' we were talking about a combined one... Same deadlines, same Q&A thread, posting in the same picture thread, just specify which one in the sign-up PM. But obviously the logistics are down to ms. omally

Yeah, I suppose that wouldn't be difficult really. It would just be a matter of matching the crafters with the non crafters. Not too bad. Thank you for helping think this through, ladies. It takes this old menopausal brain a while to process information.:shrug:

If a crafty thing is being done, I may participate. But there needs to be plenty of time after recipients are designated to actually make the crafty thing.

If a crafty thing is being done, I may participate. But there needs to be plenty of time after recipients are designated to actually make the crafty thing.

Yes! I never thought of that! How much time do you think it will require?

Well, in my case, I have to plant the cotton, let it grow, harvest it, spin it.... Just kidding.

It depends on the nature of the projects people undertake. I just think you have to figure a bit more leeway into things - people have to get the materials (unless they happen to have them on hand), and then do the work.

Might be a good idea to start the sign-up process fairly soon... Maybe designate matches at the start of November so that people have almost two months? Christmas post will take a while, crafty things will take a while, and I like having a nice long time to shop for stuff

I can bang out a knitted gift in a weekend if I have nothing else planned, but realistically it will be accomplished a few hours at a time, here and there. I agree that sooner is better. This time of year tends to get very busy and hectic for people in a hurry.

I have some nice homemade vanilla extract (regular and bourbon flavored) that I started last December. It's good and strong now...ready to be poured into the cute little bottles I bought...muahahahah! :D