Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some unusual "stick" trees at TJ Maxx. I don't know if they are still there or not. They were thinner branches than that one and white with lights on them. Similar concept though. Here is a picture of some of the Christmas displays. This is from a couple weeks ago though and it is all different now. My store is so festive and beautiful!

IMG_20191029_074108.jpg

I was going to buy this but I hesitated and now it’s out of stock. :cry:

View attachment 19263
I like it! It needs some birdies, maybe a squirrel. I want to say it looks easy to make, but I should saying that since I won't ever do it myself :rofl:
I so want to get them a bigger cat tree, why do they make the perches so small?

Reactions: KLS52
I like it! It needs some birdies, maybe a squirrel. I want to say it looks easy to make, but I should saying that since I won't ever do it myself :rofl:
Oh hell no, lol...don’t forget who you’re talking to. 😁
It’s just so cute. I’ve decided to skip the tree this year. I ordered some led candles for the shelf behind the wood burning stove and I have garland in the attic. With the two wreaths I bought it will be sufficient. It already smells nice from the fresh pine.

We had some unusual "stick" trees at TJ Maxx. I don't know if they are still there or not. They were thinner branches than that one and white with lights on them. Similar concept though. Here is a picture of some of the Christmas displays. This is from a couple weeks ago though and it is all different now. My store is so festive and beautiful!

View attachment 19272
I have a Marshalls and it’s similar. It’s one of my favorite stores. The closest TJ Max is about twenty minutes away which isn’t bad but it’s in a very congested traffic area so I try and stay away from there. Marshalls is almost across the street from where I work. It’s a small shopping center with Michael’s and a pet store next to it. Then there’s Kohls, Home Depot and DeCiccos. You would love DeCiccos for their beer.

My TJ Maxx is always getting praised for how well organized and neat we are. Part of that is because we are one of the, if not THE biggest TJ Maxx stores. All the new stores are tiny in comparison which makes them crowded which in turn makes them look less organized and messy.

My TJ Maxx is always getting praised for how well organized and neat we are. Part of that is because we are one of the, if not THE biggest TJ Maxx stores. All the new stores are tiny in comparison which makes them crowded which in turn makes them look less organized and messy.

I love TJ(K in the UK) Max. :D

I’m not very happy with their online ordering. I ordered two tops for my daughter for Christmas and they are not coming until 12/24...and they are in stock, not on backorder! I ordered them anyway because we are not exchanging until the weekend after Christmas so it should be ok. But I was very surprised! Three weeks is a long time, especially when you are used to Amazon prime’s two day shipping, lol.

I have not ordered from TJ Maxx online because it is complicated to get your employee discount. I am in the store enough to shop all I need to! :D
Here are the "stick" trees at TJ's.

IMG_20191205_134406.jpg

Those are cute! Maybe I’ll try Marshalls and they’ll have something similar. I might be able to get to home goods, too.

Reactions: Val
You guys are making me think to just pick up some branches and get a string of battery lights :rofl:
I'm too cheap to buy a $20 pine wreath, as much as I love the smell

• Haha
Reactions: Chryssie
I was going to buy this but I hesitated and now it’s out of stock. :cry:
I dunno... that looks like something you could easily make yourself, although I suppose you'd have to buy the ornaments and trim (unless you have some of that around anyway... which you probably do, since you love the snow and the season!).

EDITED TO ADD: Ooops- I just saw that @silva already suggested this... so maybe not. (But I still think you could do it. I think even I could do that, although I'd probably mostly fuss with it and it still wouldn't be done by New Year's Day... and I'd be getting out the decorations next year, find the partially-made tree, and start working on it again...)

Last edited:
My daughter has had this for a few years. I think I might buy one. It’s great for the cats. She leaves hers up all year and just puts a few small ornaments on it at Christmas time. I love it.
C67D7AC6-2AE5-47B8-94E1-D14B33E257CF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.