Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had snow overnight, but now the sleet and freezing rain is making it disappear. :( I'm glad I don't have anywhere to go today.

We had zero snow. Just ice. I made it to and from work though.

1812_Christmas2019.png

Fireworks on Christmas Eve? WTF people! I been hearing booms and pops all evening. I guess some people just have to blow stuff up!
Goodnight everyone!

Merry Christmas!

Blue Santa with animals.jpg

Reactions: KLS52
Merry Christmas Chryssie! I love that image.

Merry Christmas! I tried to sleep late but I guess 7 is better than 5! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I am going to "the mansion" later for our family Christmas. After 3 days of rain, it is going to clear up and be a nice day! Here is another cool Santa:

santa.jpg

I’m pretty proud of myself...

My nut roast and gravy. I used the aquafaba in place of an egg binder and It worked really well in this. It doesn’t look pretty but it tastes really good.

my photo won’t upload! 😫

Attachments

• 41572247-E6A2-4800-A34E-97780CEE3CA8.jpeg
    41572247-E6A2-4800-A34E-97780CEE3CA8.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 18
Oh that was weird. It’s there lol.

It’s probably going to load six times now because I kept canceling and trying again and now I’m getting a message saying that files are loading. Uh oh.

I made the most amazing cornbread. I did not use silva’s recipe because I didn’t realize that it had applesauce in it instead of oil or butter and you guys know me by now, if I’m going to do anything at all it’s got to have the fat and sugar in it. So I found a vegan recipe online and tweaked it to my liking, used the aquafaba again in place of egg, and it’s the best cornbread I ever made. I like my corn bread/muffins to be a little more cakey and this is just perfect.
4AE0C33D-942D-4223-9E95-9E2B6067AF65.jpeg

This was my last attempt using the aquafaba. They taste delicious but they are heavier/more dense than I would have liked. I’m going to try again because there has to be a way of getting these cookies to be the right texture. But they are delicious dunked in tea. I used anise flavoring.
43DA6DD1-91E9-4D83-8D23-30FC8E24250D.jpeg

I'm coming to your house next Christmas, lol! ;) Everything looks fantastic! I like my cornbread more cake-like, too. Well done!!!

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
KLS, what a feast.. also jealous as my lethargy meant the nut roast i didnt make had no gravy either.. have been having it with salad which helps a bit...

Looks really nice anyway... the cookies look awesome and that cornbread looks so fluffy..

The wellington recipes are tempting me too, they also look good...

Chaos here.. yesterday my car was having problems, and now the roof has a water leak... awaiting a plumber..

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.