TV & Film Your favorite underrated movies

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
The soundtrack thread started me thinking about underrated movies.
So ta-da, a thread!
List, talk about your favorite ones. I always love to see recommendations/mentions for ones I haven't seen yet (or even heard of!).

Keeping Mum.

Nobody has ever heard of it but it is brilliant! Maggie Smith as a serial killer, what more could you ask for?

EDIT: I will point out that the plot is very predictable. But it's still hilarious. :D

Keeping Mum.

Nobody has ever heard of it but it is brilliant! Maggie Smith as a serial killer, what more could you ask for?

EDIT: I will point out that the plot is very predictable. But it's still hilarious. :D

Oh good one Annia, I forgot about this. It's among my favourite movies but I never hear it mentioned or talked about. Mr Snot loved it too.

Equilibrium with Christian Bale and Taye Diggs
Dog Soldiers (this is more of an horror movie)

I really liked The Jacket with Adrien Brody (<3) but I don't know anyone that has even seen the film.

I've seen it a bunch - really like it!

A Patch of Blue is the most underrated film that I've ever seen.

I've also seen this one a lot. Great, great film. I remember reading that even though Shelly Winters won the Oscar for her role, it was a role she actually hated.

Cold Comfort Farm (1996) - Kate Beckinsale, Stephen Fry, Ian McKellen, a bunch of others
I've Loved You So Long (2008) - French film with Kristen Scott Thomas
Moon (2009) - Sam Rockwell
The Ref (1994) - Denis Leary, Judy Davis, Kevin Spacey
Greendale (2003) - written and directed by Neil Young
The 13th Warrior (1999) - Antonio Banderas, Tony Curran, and others
The Barbarian Invasions (2003) - French film
Sex and Lucia (2001) - Paz Vega

Reactions: IamJen
The Royal Tenenbaums :)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (not sure how underrated it is but I wasn't sure I liked it until after the second time I saw it).