TV & Film Your favorite underrated movies

Some of mine have been mentioned, but here are a few more on my list:

Nobody's Fool (the one with Paul Newman)
A Midnight Clear
Lone Star
Eight Men Out
The Myth of Fingerprints

Lake Placid.

I was gonna agree, but then I realized the one I was thinking of was The Rage in Placid Lake, which is really great (and nothing like it sounds like it would be from the title).

Some of the ones that were mentioned that I very much agree with are Moon, Wristcutters; a love story, A Patch of Blue, K-Pax...

Also apparently I watch Rocket Science and gave it five stars on Netflix but I remember nothing of it, even after reading the description. :shrug:

Buffalo 66,
Castaway on the Moon (South Korean),
Saint Ralph,
Penelope,
The Snow Walker,
Mary and Max (related, Harvey Krumpet, both claymation)
Children of Heaven (Iranian),
The Iron Giant (cartoon),
American Astronaut (!!!!! So good! Cowboy musical in space and so ******* bizarre. :yes:)
Malice in wonderland,

That's enough for now, but I really like underrated movies. :)

Reactions: cornsail
I saw Session 9 recently and that was quite creepy, Stir of Echoes was really scary too, much better than The Sixth Sense IMO.:) I liked Twister and I've seen it about twenty times but it didn't get very good reviews, same with Van Helsing.

Galaxy Quest. We don't get to see Alan Rickman doing comedic roles all that much, but in this one he's freakin' hilarious.

:up:

Reactions: cornsail
I was gonna agree, but then I realized the one I was thinking of was The Rage in Placid Lake, which is really great (and nothing like it sounds like it would be from the title).

Some of the ones that were mentioned that I very much agree with are Moon, Wristcutters; a love story, A Patch of Blue, K-Pax...

Also apparently I watch Rocket Science and gave it five stars on Netflix but I remember nothing of it, even after reading the description. :shrug:

Buffalo 66,
Castaway on the Moon (South Korean),
Saint Ralph,
Penelope,
The Snow Walker,
Mary and Max (related, Harvey Krumpet, both claymation)
Children of Heaven (Iranian),
The Iron Giant (cartoon),
American Astronaut (!!!!! So good! Cowboy musical in space and so ****ing bizarre. :yes:)
Malice in wonderland,

That's enough for now, but I really like underrated movies. :)

Iron Giant was much better than Pixar cartoons IMO. :p I liked Buffalo 66 a lot too. But I haven't seen any of the other ones. :(

I saw Session 9 recently and that was quite creepy, Stir of Echoes was really scary too, much better than The Sixth Sense IMO.:) I liked Twister and I've seen it about twenty times but it didn't get very good reviews, same with Van Helsing.

:up:

Yeah Session 9 is a really good horror film. Twister I liked in a "it's so bad it's good" kind of way.

Oh Oh Oh I just thought of another one: Office Space. An absolute MUST see for everyone who has ever had an office job. :p (I can totally relate to the stapler bit) :p