TV & Film Your favorite Star Trek series and why...

D

Digger

Which has been your favorite Star Trek series and why? There are no wrong answers here.

I have been a Star Trek fan since the original series which I think is awesome. I liked all of them though I didn't really watch that last one .... the name escapes me. If I am forced to choose.... I suppose I have to pick The Next Generation. Though I am torn... The Original Series was ahead of it's time and dealt with social and political issues even though it still had those sexist costumes for the women....
Next Generation had good stories too and of course much better special effects and... better acting . I could go on and on about each of the series... LOL

I'll start out with a somewhat controversial opinion... I loved Voyager.

I'll call you controversy and up the ante.

My favorite was DS9..until the last season.

I also liked Voyager too. It had the best special effects. I recently watched a bunch of TNG, and boy, the special effects were just a small step up from TOS...

After thought. It's a shame when the first officer, (Chakote) is one of the least interesting characters.

I really liked Deep Space Nine until the final season also. I don't remember who got killed off but it ****** me off and I stopped watching it. LOL

I appreciate them all for their own reasons. I have no favorite.

I really liked Deep Space Nine until the final season also. I don't remember who got killed off but it ****** me off and I stopped watching it. LOL

Jadzia Dax?

I missed her. :( She was quite a woman.

Reactions: ~Wonder
I like most of them, but original for me. I have great memories of watching it with my dad. :)

DS9 - it had the most characters that I liked. Followed, probably, by the original series, which of course had my all time favorite charater - Spock. Jean Luc Picard was the best captain (with Janeway a close second), but he, Data and Worf were the only characters I really liked on TNG.

I think she wanted to leave the show. Tragic but I understand that and can accept it.

What I really hate is when they kill off a character for no reason at the end of a series just to make it more interesting or something,
as happened to Trip (the best character) in Enterprise.

I don't really have favorites, but I do like all the Star Trek series. Each has their own drawbacks, but each had some really good qualities.

I continue to hope for another series to come out. :)

I never watched Enterprise though I really don't know why. I liked the actors in it...
There is another movie in the works but probably no TV series any time soon.

Enterprise wasn't as bad as some folks make it out to be, though it is my least favorite of the series. As much as I like Scott Bakula, he was too much of a boy scout to be a good captain. During the third season Xindi arc he tried to be a tough guy but it looked so forced it often made me chuckle. Trip was a good character though.

My favorite episode of DS9 is Trials and Tribble-ations... !

DaxTribble.jpg

I'll start out with a somewhat controversial opinion... I loved Voyager.

Voyager was my all time favorite Star Trek series!...and then I watched Deep Space Nine. I can't decide now! I loved that DS9 was darker, it was such a change from all the other series. I think that Voyager will always hold a special place in my heart though. :) I just loved most of the characters (Kes made me shudder most of the time), and I think their situation (stranded in another part of the galaxy) just made the team stronger and ready for anything.

Reactions: Tom L.