Vegan chick`n, Ketchup, Seemingly Ranch, Taylor Swift & Football

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Here we have something that intersects the world of food, veganism, T. Swift and Football.

After Swift attended Kelce’s game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri in September, a photo hit the internet of the star posing with someone next to a plate of chicken and condiments. An X fan account, @tswifterastour, Tweeted the image with the caption “Taylor Swift was eating a piece of chicken with ketchup and seemingly ranch!”​
Since then, the post has been viewed more than 33 million times, the Empire State Building lit up red and white in honor of the occasion, and brands have been cashing in on a profitable opportunity. Just a few days after the game, Heinz released a limited-edition version of its Kranch sauce (a mixture of ketchup and ranch) with a new name: Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch. And Primal Kitchen launched its own version, too, which was shipped with Swift’s Eras Tour-inspired friendship bracelets and has now completely sold out.​

On Sunday I will be watching Football (Go Niners!) and eating vegan chicken with ranch. No Ketchup on my chicken tho. I will have ketchup on my French fries.

I'm going to go shopping this afternoon. I'm probably going to buy whatever kind of Wings or nuggets they have. I can't remember which ones I have already tried. Any suggestions ?

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Back when I still ate meat, I can't remember ever having ketchup on chicken... And now I'm thinking of the fictional ketchup commercials from the equally-fictional Ketchup Advisory Board that used to air on "The Prairie Home Companion".

But yeah.... the whole news item is quite an unlikely combo. (Do I see the 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse approaching???!!!!!)

Back when I still ate meat, I can't remember ever having ketchup on chicken... And now I'm thinking of the fictional ketchup commercials from the equally-fictional Ketchup Advisory Board that used to air on "The Prairie Home Companion".

But yeah.... the whole news item is quite an unlikely combo. (Do I see the 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse approaching???!!!!!)
I think ketchup on chicken nuggets is common or maybe even popular in some places.
I was thinking the midwest but I googled it and its popular among Philippinos too.

I do like ranch on chick'n nuggets. Also BBQ sauce.

Heinz has been selling Kranch (ranch + Ketchup) for a while now but recently re-branded it as "Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch"

Kind of crazy how one viral tweet can affect life on Earth.

1697489667021.png

Last edited:
I always have ketchup on vegan chicken burgers/nuggets at home, but when I have vegan chicken in restaurants it seems like vegan mayo is more common, thinking about it.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15