Whatcha Eatin?

A salad ; chicory, red cabbage, grated carrots & raw beetroot/chia seeds/wheatgerm/yeast flakes & vinaigrette
with 2 tofu & mushroom croquettes.
Berries & Alpro oat yogurt.
Cherry & elderflower infusion.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A salad; artichoke hearts, diced peeled tomatoes, gem lettuce, chia seeds/vinaigrette/yeast flakes plus
a couple of tofu/mushroom croquettes.
A fruit salad; kiwis, strawberries & blueberries with yogurt/stevia.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Bliiiiin... I so love farro...😍 I devoured a gigantic dish of farro with Kuban' adjiga + Granny Smith apple and some Georgian-style cabbage. I could devour much more of it. It's so chewy and flavourful...
KOROCHE ("in a nutshell"), i decided that i should stick to simple starchy food and legumes (mostly red beans) during this isolation, when large variety of "wet" foods are unavailable. These foods are what Sumerian gods have always insisted on consuming. (Blin, something's wrong with my grammar... and sentence... It's late, and i can't put my sentence together). Anyway, they always wanted me to eat red beans and some grains (mostly amaranth, though it's not a grain), because they KNOW what is the best for human beings.:ma:

I haven't yet had anything yet today cept coffee, oat milk and sugar (it's early am where I'm at), so I'll list what I finished off with from yesterday:

Breakfast (see breakfast thread) was large enough to tide me over until well after lunch time, and then I had hash brown sandwiches on whole wheat with some more greens from my garden and a home made ketchup.

Dinner was simple soup: Water, whole wheat flour, yeast extract, salt - and it wasn't quite enough, so a little later I filled up on pretzels and a few (yes really) beers.

Instead of the peanut noodles I often make in the Instant Pot I subbed soy curls.
Water& peanut butter mixed well, shredded ginger, garlic, crushed Thai peppers, dry soy curls, peppers and onion, 3 packets soy sauce, 4 minutes pressure. When done I mixed in a bag of spinach.
Probably will be quite different tomorrow when it's all absorbed. Very good

Bliiiiin... I so love farro...😍 I devoured a gigantic dish of farro with Kuban' adjiga + Granny Smith apple and some Georgian-style cabbage. I could devour much more of it. It's so chewy and flavourful...
KOROCHE ("in a nutshell"), i decided that i should stick to simple starchy food and legumes (mostly red beans) during this isolation, when large variety of "wet" foods are unavailable. These foods are what Sumerian gods have always insisted on consuming. (Blin, something's wrong with my grammar... and sentence... It's late, and i can't put my sentence together). Anyway, they always wanted me to eat red beans and some grains (mostly amaranth, though it's not a grain), because they KNOW what is the best for human beings.:ma:
I’ve been intrigued by farro, never having tried it, so I bought a bag with good intentions that never quite came to fruition. 😁 Once I move I will have to get on that.

Reactions: Val
I’ve been intrigued by farro, never having tried it, so I bought a bag with good intentions that never quite came to fruition. 😁 Once I move I will have to get on that.
If you don't overcook it for the first time you try it, you'll fall in love and will develop a habit of including farro into your meals occasionally.😋💓

Reactions: KLS52
Farro is good.
I just put some orzo on the stove and forgot about it and it burned :fp: . Even though most looks nice and fluffy it all has that burned taste

Farro is good.
I just put some orzo on the stove and forgot about it and it burned :fp: . Even though most looks nice and fluffy it all has that burned taste
Been there done that. ☹️

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
A salad; chicory, artichoke hearts, diced, peeled tomatoes, raw mushrooms, red cabbage, chia seeds/wheatgerm/yeast flakes/vinaigrette.
A warm, low carb, raspberry & blueberry crumble.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
A salad; chicory, red cabbage, diced peeled tomatoes, sliced seitan, chia seeds/yeast flakes & vinaigrette.
Raspberries.

Reactions: PTree15