Whatcha Eatin?

Lunch will be a bowl of leftover cream of vegetable soup with a drizzle of evo.
A tossed green salad with diced tomatoes/nuts/linseed plus vinaigrette.
A kiwi.
Cream of vegetable soup...that sounds delicious and comforting. Did you make it? Knowing you, I’m thinking that is a silly question. :heart_eyes:

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Not quite ready for breakfast yet, but my cup of coffee, this morning, was exceptionally delicious. I love when that happens. :)

I totally agree and don't know why coffee never tastes the same. I decided not to have any breakfast this morning except for my mug of white coffee.:p

Now I want potato leek soup...

I have a recipe, somewhere, for buffalo cauliflower soup with herbed crostini...I added potatoes and OMG, it was delicious.

This might be it. Adding the potatoes really made it better.

ETA: Hmmm...this has potatoes in the recipe, lol. I don’t think this is the one I made but I’m sure it’s very similar either way. Add the potatoes! Lol

Nope...that’s the recipe...I just found it in my email, lol.

Funny and sad how little I can trust my memory. I was sure the added potatoes was my idea! :p:fp:

• Haha
Breakfast pretty much sufficed for lunch as well, I only had a few more home made spring rolls (note, these aren't like store bought, they are big and thick). Later I had corn chips and soda to fuel me while I was doing some shopping/yard work. With the bigger breaky, all that was pretty much all I needed today. Now I'm enjoying some home brewed beer. Don't remind me of my hypocrisy when I talk about whole food. Believe me, I know.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
coffee time is done - time for brunch - porridge, berries, banana, walnuts, sprinkled with turmeric/pepper and cinnamon, maple syrup, toast with pb

porridge is a mix of red lentils and steel cut

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden and Val
The second day in a row, i've been chewing shredded beets as they are (and i'll be chewing them for a couple more days,- that's for sure). I feel dry. I've got 4 small packs of yellow Marrocan cherry tomatoes in the fridge, but i keep myself from eating them, while they look relatively fresh. Average tomatoes is a luxurity that we can't afford these days.
Plus, i'm eating yuba and georgian-style cabbage. I'm trying not to waste canned red beans when there is no lack of Biotine in my blocky carcass: i know i'm allowed to devour red beans only when i see signs of hangnails (that's approximately how it works for me).
There will be no yuba very soon. OTOH, i have one last pack of dried Chinese yuba in my closet, and i'm going to pickle it myself... but it's only 1 pack...
Good news: i still have a lot of oat milk, and, if it's not horribly expired yet,- i'm going to make ice cream!!! I think i can make it!:hh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chryssie