Whatcha Eatin?

A tossed salad with chicory,gem lettuce,mushrooms,pecans,seitan, chia seeds, linseeds and vinaigrette.
Seedless grapes.
Cherry & elderflower infusion.

Reactions: Val
A tossed salad with chicory,gem lettuce, mushroom, diced sauteed smoked paprika tofu, chia seeds and vinaigrette.
Thyme & rosemary infusion.

Now that my honey is working from home, breakfasts and lunches tend to run together.

Earlier we had grapefruit and banana sliced.

Now we are having beans from the freezer (time to make more) with onion, jalapeno, half a bell pepper and lots of spices, on toast with hot sauce.

Emma JC

Today's fare:

coffee with oat milk and raw sugar
a rather large serving of brown rice, lentils, Cos lettuce, mustard greens, fried onions and mushrooms (yes, oil), salt, sage, yeast extract, "Mexican bbq" powder, a bit of Mountain Dew to wash it down.

This tied me over until dinner, which was

Deli sandwiches: Whole wheat bread, Tofu, Turnip greens, tomato, onion, Cos lettuce, pickle juice, jalapenos, salt

I was surprised breakfast lasted as long as it did, but then, it was a large serving, and I did have a few drinks last night. I may have popcorn later, or a little fruit, but at this point I am quite full and satisfied.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Leftover cream of mushroom & cauliflower soup with a tiny sprinkle (am running out) of yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.
A chicory and pecan salad with vinaigrette/linseed.
A mug of thyme & rosemary infusion.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
A tossed salad with seitan/vinaigrette/linseed/yeast flakes.

I only have a few fresh vegetables left and really don't out want to go to the shops.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
A tossed salad with seitan/vinaigrette/linseed/yeast flakes.

I only have a few fresh vegetables left and really don't out want to go to the shops.
Same here. I did stock up on some frozen veggies, but fresh is so much better. I don't want to go anywhere.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
So far today I have only made us smoothies - wakame (seaweed), frozen blueberries, arugula, peanut butter powder, Vit C powder, cayenne, salt, ground flax, banana, lemon juice, water.

As we are not really doing anything very active (although I did jog for a few minutes this morning on my mini trampoline) we really don't need as many calories as usual. It is hard to eat less and feel like we're not getting ripped off....

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I just had a slice of tofu quiche with hot sauce, and a salad with homemade Italian dressing.