What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night I made "kitchen sink" pasta where I threw whatever I had into the pot. I used two kinds of pasta (Wacky Mac and regular macaroni), two kinds of marinara (one new jar, one with a bit left), a carton of fresh sliced white mushrooms and 1/4 of a large onion sauteed in canola oil, and the strange part is that I threw in a large bowl of plain unseasoned Lima beans, and with some salt and nutrional yeast it was very tasty!

Good thing too since I ate it for dinner two nights in a row and for lunch today ha.

Reactions: Veganite
Pasta salad with spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, caramelized onion, garlic, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, a few dabs of sesame seed oil, a small amount of olive oil (shh...don't tell Veganite I'm being naughty hehe), some cumin and chili spices.

lentils, wheat berries, onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato, spinach, parsley in with a lemon tahini sauce - "Protein Power Goddess Bowl"

I had a sandwich. whole wheat bread, a slice of Daiya Provolone, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, aioli, and mustard. A serving of baked beans and a serving of peas. Ice tea and fresh cherries.

I had a raw taco salad for lunch. It was store bought at a local raw vegan place. It was okay, but a bit too much sauce for my liking.

@Lou
Speaking of fresh cherries...I just got some today. I love em!

Reactions: Changing4Better
Garbanzo bean salad today on Hawaiian bread.

I had half a leftover stuffed pepper, with a side of extra rice and bean filler.

Reactions: Lou
Vegetable sushi roll - YUM!! Been craving sushi for a bit now. The local Sprouts store sells them for $5 on Wednesdays.

Vegetable sushi roll - YUM!! Been craving sushi for a bit now. The local Sprouts store sells them for $5 on Wednesdays.

That's fairly reasonable for price. Most grocery stores here have a sushi bar now. I always get the avocado/yam roll, which is delicious. It's only $5.99. The summer rolls are the same price, but not as good a bang for the buck, in my humble opinion.

Today for lunch I got a veggie Pad Thai from my local Thai place. I had some leftover curried lentils at home I wanted to eat up, but can't make it home for lunch today, so take-out it is.

I had a banana, pita chips and guacamole, and a mango peach soy yogurt.

Mashed potatoes with Tahini milk and salt, more oats and sprouted barley in a drink.

It's c-o-l-d in Australia right now.

Darn. I must be the most boring guy here. I had a big salad. Lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, Garbonzo beans, peas, cucumber, cabbage.

Reactions: Veganite
Darn. I must be the most boring guy here. I had a big salad. Lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, Garbonzo beans, peas, cucumber, cabbage.

That doesn't sound boring to me at all. Everything you listed I would enjoy, immensely. It's what brings it all together that makes it tasty. Like spicy salsa or Tahini dressing, avocado, etc.

My curried lentil is actually super easy and fast to put together. If you want the recipe PM me. I have a red lentil version as well. The red lentil uses red Thai curry, where the green lentil recipe uses green Thai curry. It is not blazing hot at all. In fact, I always add some additional heat to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.