What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some rice and beans for dinner last night. The leftovers weren't quite enough, so I ate some salad with that.

After breakfast I started to get Niacin flushes so instead of continuing with my homemade Nixtamalized corn ball concoction, I opted for just some noodles and veggies. The flushes were intensified with smoking (yes, I'm a health nut who smokes). I had decreased desire for tobacco. I'm guessing this is because nicotine and Niacin are analogues and my morning meal increased what my body is accustomed to.

Tex Mex casserole recipe from the Oh She Glows cookbook. Delicious! Has onion, garlic, jalapeño, bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, black beans, brown rice, a crazy-delicious spice combo (chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper), corn tortilla chips, green onion, and cilantro. Usually add avocado to it, too, but I forgot to bring a fresh one with me to work to add to the dish.

Her recipe also calls for vegan cheddar cheese, but I left it out - still pretty finicky about cheese since I only cut that out at the beginning of the year, and thus far the vegan cheddar I've tasted tastes like pure salt, so I don't care for it.

No breakfast today so brunch:

Flat corn* tortillas filled with broccoli, tomato, caramelized onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt and a few drops of sesame seed oil. Also 2 sandwiches of mushrooms and tomato on what passes in Australia as wholewheat.

*Nixtamalized corn from scratch 90%, crushed flax.

I'm just about to have an avocado and daikon radish sushi roll, with some gomae spinach.

I'm having a toasted tomato and cucumber sandwich, with a side of coleslaw.

Brown rice, soy beans, broccoli, lettuce, soy sauce, onion, garlic, and a few drops of sesame seed oil

Yesterday I made some cauliflower tacos. I will have the rest again today for lunch.

I'm just on my way for my favorite Buddha bowl at a local vegan food truck.

No breakfast this morning except for the barley drink I described in the snack thread.

Lunch was steamed brown rice and lentils*, raw spinach, broccoli, tomato, lettuce, chili flakes, caramelized onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and a few drops of sesame seed oil. As is typical I didn't prepare quite enough grains/legumes so I wound up eating 4 slices of what passes for wholemeal toast in Australia with some Vegemite in addition to this.

*10 minutes, give or take a few minutes steaming time when brown rice and lentils have been soaked overnight. No more dumping out vitamins and minerals with the boiling water!

Going to have a tofurky and chao sandwich with watermelon.

Today I will have a summer roll. The local grocery store makes some really nice ones, and I need to pack a lunch today.

The other night I made "kitchen sink" pasta where I threw whatever I had into the pot. I used two kinds of pasta (Wacky Mac and regular macaroni), two kinds of marinara (one new jar, one with a bit left), a carton of fresh sliced white mushrooms and 1/4 of a large onion sauteed in canola oil, and the strange part is that I threw in a large bowl of plain unseasoned Lima beans, and with some salt and nutrional yeast it was very tasty!

Good thing too since I ate it for dinner two nights in a row and for lunch today ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.