What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...a veggie burger sounds good. Maybe I'll make some homemade ones today. It will most likely end up being dinner though. For lunch I have some options. I'll probably make a huge salad with some grilled BBQ tempeh for lunch.

There's a great pub just down the road from me that makes an awesome veggie burger, but they also don't have vegan friendly buns. Furthermore, a veggie burger at the pub, even without an alcoholic beverage is still the better part of a twenty dollar bill. It's not cheap. Nonetheless, I'm glad to see a lot more places giving vegetarian options these days. It's just a matter of time before more vegan options will be available. I don't think any good business proprietor wants to miss out on potential sales.

Pasta with sprouted lentils (cooked), soaked pumpkin seeds, Chinese cabbage, pizza sauce and a few dabs of sesame seed oil.

I'm full but I'm craving a peanut butter and cocoa drink sweetened with dates. Mmm...

Homemade mac and cheese with a salad. I made the cheese sauce with sweet potato, carrot, red lentils, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tahini and spices.

Today I'm having a homemade veggie burger, which I made yesterday for dinner. I'll freeze the rest.

@amberfunk

That cheese sauce sounds interesting. How would you rate it for flavour?

I just made chocolate banana bread batter, which is in the over. It will be done in time for lunch, so that will be my lunch today!

Today I'm having a homemade veggie burger, which I made yesterday for dinner. I'll freeze the rest.

@amberfunk

That cheese sauce sounds interesting. How would you rate it for flavour?
About a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It's better than it's been but it's no daiya cheese sauce.

Reactions: Veganite
Pasta salad: Pasta, soaked and cooked soybeans, roasted sunflower seeds, Chinese cabbage, tomatoes, salt, dab of sesame seed oil.

Homemade hash browns, and my failed soy/oat/flax dogs from this morning's breakfast, along with some pizza sauce.

I had a bowl of macaroni with tomato marinara. I added some fresh cherry tomatoes on top. I also had a small green salad.

I had some strawberry soy yogurt and a banana. Smaller than my typical lunches, but it tasted good and was portable, which I needed it to be.

Yesterday I made some rice and beans for lunch. I'm having leftovers for today's lunch with some corn tortillas and salsa.

I had a summer roll with yummy avocado and daikon radish veggie roll for lunch today.

I'll be downtown today again. I think I'm going to splurge and have a falafel shawarma.

I went for sushi instead today. I had an all veggie sunomono salad, edamame, and an asparagus roll. It was delicious.

Lunch:

Base: Black beans and brown rice soaked overnight then cooked
Xtra Veggies: Broccoli stalk, Chinese cabbage

Sauce: Tomatoes, garlic, lemon slice including peel, dill water, salt, pepper, few drops of sesame seed oil

Peanut butter and strawberry rhubarb jam sandwich

Small salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, avacado, cucumber, lime juice and capers

Pink grapefruit

Nothing too fancy, but I made some rice, topped that with some cannellini beans, half an avocado and some salsa. It was fast and easy, and quite satiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.