What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Potato soup. Potatoes, with the following blended in water then added: Shelled sunflower seeds, sprouted barley, onion, garlic, seaweed, salt, pepper, rosemary

Seitan, mixture of greens, quinoa, rice and a sweet potato with homemade sour cream.

I had raw tacos for lunch yesterday from my favorite raw vegan restaurant. They were very tasty.

I bought what I needed yesterday to make summer rolls today, so that's today's lunch.

Leftover vegetable fried rice delivery (served without egg).

Hot Potato soup. Potatoes, with the following blended in water then added: Shelled sunflower seeds, sprouted barley, onion, garlic, seaweed, salt, pepper, rosemary

This again with lentils soaked overnight and without the seaweed. All the ingredients except for the potatoes (which were sliced) were pulverized to distribute an even flavor/nutrition for the base water. Also added a bit of chili.

The shelled sunflower seeds in particular add a substantial amount of healthy fat that contributes to the texture and nutrition.

I'm making black bean and yam burgers at my little sisters place today. She's not vegan, but loves vegan food. Go figure!

We're going to grill em up, and serve them with grilled spicy potato wedges and vegan Caesar Salad.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Steamed brown rice and lentils*

with broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, caramelized onion, garlic, pickle slices. Sauce was a mixture of water, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt, and a few drops of sesame seed oil.

*soaked over night

Last edited:
PB&J on sprouted grain bread - I did not plan out my meals very well this week. :joy:

Glad that's a good standby at least. Snacking on some spiced roasted chickpeas, too.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I was out for lunch today. I had a falafel wrap at this amazing place that specializes in just that, falafels. They were obviously deep fried, but OMG it was so tasty!

Reactions: hopeful
Simple burritos: Pinto beans in wheat wraps with cabbage, onions, garlic, avocado.

Sprouted barley drink from fresh barley sprouts (semi dried and crushed) submerged in water in my French press.

Last edited:
PB&J on sprouted grain bread - I did not plan out my meals very well this week. :joy:

Glad that's a good standby at least. Snacking on some spiced roasted chickpeas, too.

That bread sounds better than the stuff I get. The stuff I can find here, if it's like Ezekiel bread or sprouted bread is rather expensive. I usually wind up buying the cheaper brand that is like 60-70% whole with no sprouted grain.

Btw - have you ever made jelly from crushed flax, fruit and dates? I tried it once, it's yummy :) (Don't ask for the recipe though...it's been a while)

That bread sounds better than the stuff I get. The stuff I can find here, if it's like Ezekiel bread or sprouted bread is rather expensive. I usually wind up buying the cheaper brand that is like 60-70% whole with no sprouted grain.

Btw - have you ever made jelly from crushed flax, fruit and dates? I tried it once, it's yummy :) (Don't ask for the recipe though...it's been a while)

The sprouted grain bread I get is by I think the same company that makes the Ezekiel bread sold at my grocery store (Food for Life). Alvarado Street Bakery also makes good sprouted grain breads. And yes, they're obnoxiously expensive. I don't eat a lot of sandwiches, however, and the bread keeps for quite a long time, so I feel like I can justify the cost that way.

That jelly sounds really good. I'm about out of my current jelly and need to get some more. Maybe I should just make some of my own (I can control how much sugar ends up in it that way.) I have made chia jam with mixed berries, however.

Salad with spinach, pears, avocado, walnuts and grilled onion and portobello mushrooms marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette.

Canned black beans, brown rice, home made sour cream, diced tomatoes with chillis, spicy ranch, daiya pepperjack and half a sweet potato.

I just put together a massive salad that I'm about to eat. It's loaded with fresh veggies, nuts, dried cranberries, and topped with half a tin of chickpeas. I made a dressing with half an avocado, a garlic clove, some fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper. I had to thin it down a tiny bit with a little water. Yummy!

Reactions: hopeful
Big salad (as recommended by Dr. Fuhrman). Mostly stuff I got fresh yesterday at the Farmer's Market. Lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes. I added some canned peas and pinto beans. Some slivered almonds and some sunflower seeds from the grocers bulk food aisle. For some reason, the Farmer's Market never have cucumber so I got those at the store. And the last of my store bought vinaigrette. Tomorrow I'll start making my own salad dressing.

Still, think my lunches are way more boring than you guys. But I'm trying to be a good disciple of Fuhrman. and he wants my lunches to be raw. :)

Reactions: Veganite
Brown rice...

mixed with blended banana, cinnamon and dates.

I don't normally have brown rice with sweet flavors. It was different and quite tasty.

Big salad (as recommended by Dr. Fuhrman). Mostly stuff I got fresh yesterday at the Farmer's Market. Lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes. I added some canned peas and pinto beans. Some slivered almonds and some sunflower seeds from the grocers bulk food aisle. For some reason, the Farmer's Market never have cucumber so I got those at the store. And the last of my store bought vinaigrette. Tomorrow I'll start making my own salad dressing.

Still, think my lunches are way more boring than you guys. But I'm trying to be a good disciple of Fuhrman. and he wants my lunches to be raw. :)

Doesn't sound boring to me. One of the beauties of vegan food is that it can be very diverse, compared to what many people eat day in and day out. I find exploring new options especially if one is going whole foods both a challenge, refreshing and liberating. Liberty from establishment norms with establishment prices and establishment ailments that come with them.

Just a note on those peas and pinto beans - if they came in a can they are not raw (and no, do not eat beans raw! You can get very sick! They have to at the very least be soaked overnight and then if not sprouted then lightly cooked). Raw beans are hard and inedible. Canned beans have already been cooked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.