What did you have for lunch?

amberfunk

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Going to have tacos. My manager is having a catered lunch for us and is including rice, beans and some peppers cooked separate from the meat. So nice being included! I'm bringing my own sour cream and some queso that I made for the taco dip.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A green shake:

Water, Oats (as flour), spinach, broccoli, powdered kale, fresh barley grass, a little onion and garlic and salt.

bratvada

Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had an indian street food takeaway. I had pan puri shots - they are yum, and vegetable dumplings.

This place is 100% veggie with vegan options.

Kellyr

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Was treated out to a company lunch yesterday - went to a place that had some nice vegan options - I had barbacoa-seasoned cauliflower tacos on pita bread and a side of quinoa mixed in with various fresh chopped veggies like cucumber, bellpepper, parsley, etc. Was pretty good and VERY filling.

• 👍
Reactions: hopeful

hopeful

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Today, I am having vegetables (left over from a broth a made last night) with brown rice and dressing.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
French "fries"

Basically potatoes cut up into strips and added to the pan. I put together a mixture of flax seeds, onion, garlic, cayenne and salt in a blender with water and drizzled this over the potato strips.

Also had barley tea with crushed sunflower seeds and dates and tahini.

amberfunk

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Having a tiny bit of goulash that my husband left from last night (he must have loved it there was a lot left) and a really big salad. The salad consists of radishes, green onion, one big baby cucumber, 1/4 of a red pepper, black beans and crispy onions topped with just ranch.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'm having leftover rice and beans today for lunch. It was tasty, yesterday, but I'm craving something green right now. My cupboards and fridge are a bit bare at the moment. I might go out shopping later and get myself some fresh salad greens and spinach for Gomae.

hopeful

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had a sandwich on bread from a bakery, fakin' bacon, tomato, and Veganaise. It was excellent!

Kellyr

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
ratatouille over brown rice (made it with some of my first eggplant harvest of the season - yay!)

• 👍
Reactions: hopeful

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Brown rice which was soaked overnight then boiled, some soybeans that were likewise soaked overnight then boiled, mixed with nutritional yeast, sunflower seeds, onion flakes, garlic powder and salt, a tomato and some lettuce and spinach.

When the boiling water from the brown rice is cooled then I will drink that - a large percentage of the vitamins and minerals are in there!

• 👍
Reactions: Forest Nymph

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Green salad with lettuce, pasta, oil, vinegar, lime juice, ginger, salt, crushed tortilla chips, a few Spanish olives and hot sauce.

It's so hot here. I can't wait to go home.

Nekodaiden

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A mixture of potatoes, barley and pepitas soaked overnight (then made into flour), Vegemite, onion flakes, garlic powder and salt in a soup. Also had a sandwich consisting of tofu, tomatoes pickles, mustard and ketchup. I honestly ate too much for lunch today, I was stuffed.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Well, I splurged yesterday and went to my favorite vegan restaurant with my dear friend. I had a slice of vegan pizza and a glass of their house kombucha. It was delicious. It tasted like 3 more slices, but I restrained myself ;p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shyvas Did You Know ? Lounge 57
betiPT What did you Cook or Bake Today? Food & Drink 141
Peaceful I did it for my health General 5
Sax How did you transition? General 31
conVEctionery Product Did someone say vegan kit kats?! Marketplace 0
shyvas What did you cook or Bake today? Food & Drink 485
B Pig Portraits I did for a sanctuary Marketplace 0
A Went vegan and husband did not Relationships 6
ski Cbd oil uk anyone use it and if so did you see improvements that cbd oil claims to do ? Products 1
Hedgewitch Did you know how polymer money is made? General 2
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2018) Food & Drink 289
Damo What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today? Food & Drink 1109
T Question How did Leslie Cross die? Ask Us a Question! 13
Katrina What did you cook or Bake today? (2016) Food & Drink 63
U News Did you receive support from your family when becoming vegan? General 10
U Did you family and friends support you being a Vegan? General 14
bratvada Did you order a takeaway? Food & Drink 4
T Space Sciences Did anyone see the Leonid meteors last night? Science & Technology 3
Damo How did you find us? Lounge 8
Clueless Git Did ya miss me, Yeah! When I was away ... ? Lounge 13
Blaine How long did it take to transition? Transitioning 7
beancounter Life Sciences Brontosaurus - scientists rule dinosaur did exist Science & Technology 5
Blobbenstein Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not. General Discussion 6
Alexia Why did you choose to become a vegan or vegetarian? General 19
Indian Summer News Did Hillary Clinton break the rules by using personal email account? General Discussion 7
beancounter Article: I Liked Everything I Saw on Facebook for Two Days. Here’s What It Did to Me Lounge 11
Blobbenstein How did avocados evolve? General Discussion 1
SummerRain What age did you go vegetarian? Lounge 46
spottygiraffe Did going vegan make you a better cook? General 42
Amy SF Did you have an imaginary friend... Lounge 32
das_nut US Did PostSecret post a murder confession? General Discussion 1
Blobbenstein Why did some branches of the human race become lactose tolerant? General Discussion 11
Indian Summer Did the Nazis have a secret base in Antarctica? General Discussion 7
Indian Summer How did you find Veggie Views? Introduce Yourself 47
D Thanks, London... you did a great job! (Olympics) UK & Eire 0
U Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona General Discussion 31
Mel Literature What did you read as a child/teen? Media & Entertainment 42
sallyomally How did your fur baby (babies) come to be named? Animals 21
beancounter Spell check. Where did it go? Suggestions & Bugs 1
Veggiemama Were you raised vegetarian? Did your parents give you a choice? The Vegetarian Forum 52
D Space Sciences Did anyone see the Venus transit? Science & Technology 8
shyvas What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? The Vegetarian Forum 0
B Habitual breakfast and lunch ideas Transitioning 2
I Is this lunch is allright? Health & Body 1
robert99 Pamela Anderson brings Julian Assange a vegan lunch General 1
Mischief Children jailed for refusing to lunch with father General Discussion 15
spottygiraffe Lunch disaster General 14
C Today's Lunch The Vegetarian Forum 1
Misfit It was love at first salad! The dating site for single people hooked on lettuce for lunch The Vegetarian Forum 16
shyvas What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? 2018 The Vegetarian Forum 161