What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sort of mexican casserole made with corn tortillas, vegan refried beans, salsa, spinach, green onion, cilantro, and some cashew queso.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Subway veggie patty sub with all the salads and some sweet onion dressing.

I keep forgetting Subway has a veggie patty. Is it any good?

I wouldn't buy it if I didn't like it :) The patty ingredients may differ depending on where you're at. In Australia, they differ between different states. The version in my state is mostly whole food.

I wouldn't buy it if I didn't like it :) The patty ingredients may differ depending on where you're at. In Australia, they differ between different states. The version in my state is mostly whole food.

haha

Well, I'm guilty of eating something I don't particularly like just because maybe a friend dragged me somewhere and/or that was the only option I had available to me as a vegan. (I guess I was projecting my general dislike of Subway onto your choice to grab a veggie patty.) Maybe I'd like Subway better if I tired one. ;)

Tempeh sandwiches on whole wheat with kalamata olives, cos lettuce, tomato, mushroom, grilled onion and garlic.

I can hardly believe I had to add "Tempeh" to the dictionary on a vegan forum. :p Tsk.....tsk. :p

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I can hardly believe I had to add "Tempeh" to the dictionary on a vegan forum. :p Tsk.....tsk. :p

*chuckles* Nice try! I've also had to add "tempeh" to my dictionary. I might add that I had to add it with both capitalized and de-capitalized letters. I'm guessing if you clear your cookies, you'll have to add it again.

Well folks, today I am finally going to have a Beyond Burger at A&W with my dear friend. I was told to order it without uncle sauce, and of course the mayo, for obvious reasons. I'm looking forward to trying it. I will forgo the fries, since they're likely cooked in the same fat as the chicken. If I was at someone's home I might make that an exception, but I can't consciously do that at a fast food place, when I clearly have a choice that won't offend the host.

I've heard they really taste meaty. I have not tasted anything resembling meat in a very long time. This should be interesting.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Well folks, today I am finally going to have a Beyond Burger at A&W with my dear friend. I was told to order it without uncle sauce, and of course the mayo, for obvious reasons. I'm looking forward to trying it. I will forgo the fries, since they're likely cooked in the same fat as the chicken. If I was at someone's home I might make that an exception, but I can't consciously do that at a fast food place, when I clearly have a choice that won't offend the host.

I've heard they really taste meaty. I have not tasted anything resembling meat in a very long time. This should be interesting.

So how'd you like it? I think it would make me gag since that's my normal reaction if I taste real meat on any of my food (like a veggie patty grilled on the same grill and flipped with the same spatula as a beef burger)

@Kellyr

It was okay. I wouldn't say it was great. To me it isn't really what I'd call food. It's a novelty...nothing more. Would I have one again? Only if in some desperate situation, where there was no better choice, perhaps. Is it a step in the right direction for fast food places to start giving vegan/veggie alternatives? Definitely!

Red pepper hummus with plantains, some garlic and herb pickled lupini beans and beer.

It would be cheaper and more sustainable to eat differently, I'm well aware, but I have no capacity to cook other than microwaved and grill on stove, and I can only stand PB and J minimally because I hate all sugar that doesn't come from fruit or alcohol.

Reactions: Susanne A. and Lou
Lunch is a great quinoa and arugula salad with tomatoes, sweet potatoes, green onion, basil, dried apricots, and a dressing made with Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and a little maple syrup. It's very tangy.

Homemade Hash brown sandwiches, with pickle, onion, a few sunflower seeds, ketchup and salt. Also had a few more pieces of bread with peanut butter.

Reactions: Susanne A. and Lou
Salad. Spinach, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, almond slivers. Store bought vinaigrette.

Reactions: Susanne A.
A vegan burger with spicy bean, hummus, hot sauce and veggies in the middle, it was divine!

Potatoes on wholemeal bread, with cucumber and a homemade sauce.

Homemade sauce: Crushed flax seeds, smoked paprika, rosemary, salt, turmeric, black pepper well blended with a little water and some tomato paste.

Reactions: Susanne A.
Had a very late lunch. Made spring rolls with carrots, lettuce, sprouts and tomato. Avocado won't be ready for two days so I'll make more then.

Wholemeal bread sandwiches with Vegemite spread, sunflower seeds, cucumber, tofu, broccoli and jalapenos.

Status
Not open for further replies.