What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, yesterday lunch I had an amazing Buddha bowl from my favorite food truck.

Today, I have to go into my work for a little bit, so I'll be eating out again. I'll probably just have a nice fresh veggie summer roll from the local grocer.

A generous serving of potatoes in hash brown form in whole wheat sandwiches with onion, Cos Lettuce, spinach and my homemade mustard sauce (contains mustard seeds, flax seeds, onion and garlic) and ketchup. An equally generous serving of tofu scramble, some broccoli, and raw pepitas*. This was brunch, and was more than I eat usually in a single sitting, as I didn't have breakfast.

*soaked overnight.

Reactions: hopeful
Today, I had a salad with lemon dressing and hummus on it, with some pita chips. :)

I had a large kale salad, with a heap of fresh veggies on top. I was having beans for dinner, so I omitted them on the salad this time. I made a really yummy tahini dressing. It hit the spot, but I was starving by dinner time.

Potato soup with carrots, sunflower seeds (as flour) mixed in for good fats and other nutrients, salt, pepper and a generous serve of Vegemite mixed in as well for a few extra B vitamins and the umami flavor it gives.

I also added some barley grass from one of my sprouting jars.

Chickpea salad (garbanzo beans, celery, dill pickle, red bell pepper, dill, vegan mayo, mustard, lemon juice, garlic) with some Nut-Thins crackers... but GAH! I just read the ingredients and is says "contains milk". Mother....f grrr. Sigh. Well at least I know not to get those again. The last time I read the ingredients list on these was when I was still lacto-ovo vegetarian so that's why alarm bells didn't go off at that point.

I'm home today, relaxing a bit, so I'm making my own summer rolls for lunch. I have some fresh daikon radish, cucumber, carrot, avocado, and a little bit of lettuce. I bought a case of mangoes recently, so I am going to make a mango dipping sauce to go with them.

Soup & salad :)

I made a cucumber basil gazpacho. I had that with a hearty salad, topped with Great Northern White beans. Delicious!

After my meager breakfast I did wind up having a few hash brown sandwiches with onion and garlic and also some sunflower seeds and cabbage.

Lunch was a simple and fairly large salad: Green and purple cabbage, sunflower seeds, broccoli, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast flakes. A few pieces of bread to go with this as well.

So I am over on Vancouver Island until Saturday at my little sisters place. She's at work, currently, so I texted her and asked her where I should eat lunch. She sent me to this place called "The Very Good Butcher" and yes, they're 100% vegan.

Well, I totally wasn't expecting something so amazing. They had all this amazing seitan based meats and burgers. I tasted their pepperoni, which was absolutely unbelievable. Not only was the flavour out of this world, but they nailed the texture of meat too. It was so good, I bought some to take back to the mainland with me. It seems to keep well vacuumed sealed. The expiry date was August 10.

Anyways, I had their Big Mac. Yes folks, that's right, a Big Mac. I'm still blown away at how good it was. It was $12 for lunch, but totally worth it. It was even better than I remembered the layered burger to be back in the day. Probably because it was guilt free and made with love. Absolutely amazing!

I'm actually thinking about another visit for the weekend of July 21/22, as they're having a vegan fest here. I've heard it's a lot of fun, with lots of stands, and foods to try.

Had some movie theater popcorn with no butter.

Potato soup with Vegemite (mixed into the water), with onion, garlic and salt as added flavoring.

I also had a couple of salad sandwiches (cos lettuce and spinach) with tofu and caramelized onion and garlic.

A shake made of Tahini milk, dates and an assortment of berries.

Yesterday was a family get together so I made taco dip, buffalo dip and spinach dip. Everyone that tried them loved them. Didn't say that they were vegan unless they asked. My parents even tried the taco dip. So I had my dips and some assorted veggies with crackers and tortilla chips for lunch.

I don't care what I eat for lunch today as long as it's green. I don't often go without greens, but it's been a couple of days.

I'm going into greens withdrawal :cold_sweat:

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a cinnamon raisin bagel, with nothing on it, as I was on the road. I will probably have some fruit in the next hour or so.

I haven't had lunch yet, but I'm making rice and beans today...as I type, actually. The beans are in the pressure cooker, and the rice is ready, already. The rest is simple enough. Saute some onions and garlic, add my spices, some canned tomatoes, and the rice and beans...viola, lunch and leftovers.

I had pretzels and hummus, a peach, and a peach-mango soy yogurt.

black beans with bell peppers, onion, garlic and cilantro over brown rice (that shall be the theme for the rest of the week)

Status
Not open for further replies.